• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outside of IR35 so I should opt out ? or I shouldn't ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So opt out.

But its a complete waste of time now as its invalid.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      So opt out.

But its a complete waste of time now as its invalid.

if it was invalid, they wouldn't put the manager on phone to ask me to opt out. they would just processed it. But hold on, I thought the idea was not to opt out... the whole forum says not to opt out. why do you tell me to opt out ?

Comment

Jesus...

Read this, particulary the last question... Which echos what TF said to you a couple of posts ago..

www.contractoruk.com/agencies/5158.html

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Jesus...

Read this, particulary the last question... Which echos what TF said to you a couple of posts ago..

www.contractoruk.com/agencies/5158.html
          well you think they are not aware of that ? they will prob illegally treat me like opted out since I am a new contractor. current situation is totally in my benefit and I was not thinking to change the agreement i sent regardless the validity of opting out. I 'll have the benefits of opting in.. cool finally solved. Adios thread

Comment

Originally posted by aeroeng View Post
            well you think they are not aware of that ?
            Not at all. There are a couple of things you have to realise about agents. They are likely to have less of a clue about the regs than you do. They will bend anything to suit themselves whether it's right or not. They do not work in your best interests, their revenue is the only thing they care about. They will outright lie if it suits them to do so.

It's up to you to get everything right which includes reviewing and signing contracts and opt out/in forms in good time BEFORE a contract starts.
            they will prob illegally treat me like opted out since I am a new contractor. current situation is totally in my benefit and I was not thinking to change the agreement i sent regardless the validity of opting out. I 'll have the benefits of opting in.. cool finally solved. Adios thread
            Not really. If you ever have to fall back on this (which is highly unlikely) there is going to be a right argument. Falling back on a situation because you didn't sign something so you are OK is a poor way to run your affairs. Sort it out properly before you start so everyone is on the same page. You are rely on semantics and an argument if it goes wrong.

Arguing over your opt in/out status is a waste of time anyway as I am not aware anyone's status has ever made a difference when the crap has hit the fan.

Sort your affairs out properly and in good time rather than waiting for default situations because you started before signing.

Comment

Working...
            X