• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clever accounts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clever accounts?

Hi
    I am new to this forum and starting up in contracting. I am wondering if anyone has had any dealings with a company called clever accounts. they provide on-line accounting service etc. I am just interested to know if people have had good or bad experiences to give me some baseline options. many thanks

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...-requests.html

Comment

Proceed with caution!

Originally posted by pelergoniumlady View Post
      Hi
      I am new to this forum and starting up in contracting. I am wondering if anyone has had any dealings with a company called clever accounts. they provide on-line accounting service etc. I am just interested to know if people have had good or bad experiences to give me some baseline options. many thanks
      I can't comment on their services as I haven't used them and won't be using them. If it's the guys from Essex, I've been phoned up several times now by a girl grilling me about my availability with the implication that there's a job behind it, "Hi, we got your details from a job board and I wondered if you were currently available"..... then after leading you up the garden path, it turns out they're selling accountancy services. If you have to be that devious to get new clients then it's not a good sign. Also, I've asked them multiple times to stop ringing me and they haven't. So make your own decision on whether you feel they're likely to be acting in your best interests.. I've been a contractor over 30 years and I've never seen anything like this from an accountancy firm before!

Comment

We've got a recommended accoutants thread going with a list of companies that have been recommended on here in the past. Why not check that out.

If you want to check where they have been mentioned or even if Clever has been mentioned before you can do a keyword search using the Google search.

In Google type.

(accountant name) site:forums.contractoruk.com
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Telcocontractor View Post
          I can't comment on their services as I haven't used them and won't be using them. If it's the guys from Essex, I've been phoned up several times now by a girl grilling me about my availability with the implication that there's a job behind it, "Hi, we got your details from a job board and I wondered if you were currently available"..... then after leading you up the garden path, it turns out they're selling accountancy services. If you have to be that devious to get new clients then it's not a good sign. Also, I've asked them multiple times to stop ringing me and they haven't. So make your own decision on whether you feel they're likely to be acting in your best interests.. I've been a contractor over 30 years and I've never seen anything like this from an accountancy firm before!
          I agree - I've just had a call from Clever and when I said I wasn't interested they just hung up! I have been using SG Accounting (sg-accounting.co.uk) since starting up as a Contractor a couple of years ago and am very happy with the service they provide.

Comment

Working...
          X