• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD Issues : Self Assessment figures not matching

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SJD Issues : Self Assessment figures not matching

Anyone having problems with SJD.
    I was given Payment on Account figures approx 6K and a figure for Self Assessment.
    When I went on HMRC to pay it:
    Payment on account figure didn't match ~5K
    And self assessment amount not there.

Tax return marked as "Received" but not "submitted"
    Issued on:06 Apr 2017
    Due on:31 Jan 2018
    Submitted on: Received on:12 Jan 2018
    Received on: <BLANK>

No reply from SJD for two days. Accountant leaving soon so worried hes messed up n got fired or they very busy around self assessment time.
    will ring just wondering if its just me or something serious happening.
    Last edited by clearbrian; 26 January 2018, 12:40.

Had the same problems many years ago so I left.

That said accountants are always leaving there for a variety of reasons, not always because they are bad so I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. That is unless their service to you has been bad in which case you might have come to the right conclusion.

Escalate it to one of the supervisors or whatever they have there.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Had the same problems many years ago so I left.

That said accountants are always leaving there for a variety of reasons, not always because they are bad so I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. That is unless their service to you has been bad in which case you might have come to the right conclusion.

Escalate it to one of the supervisors or whatever they have there.
      1) You can always call SJD , any time
      2) If they don't reply your email within 24 h it's against their own Customer promise

To be honest quite annoyed with them recently as well. They change my accountant every year and all depends on who you'll end up with. My current is a far cry from the prev. one. Have to ask numerous times the same question before I get all the details I was asking for. Sick of it. Will look into alternatives.
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 6 October 2021, 08:39.

Comment

Exactly the same with me. The changes were a bit of a shock at first but got used to it and had no issues for 7 odd years. The last straw was the last guy they gave me was crap and I left.

I used to swear by the spreadsheet but as soon as I logged on to Freeagent I was converted so make sure it's a FA. Plenty to chose from in my accountant recommendation sticky.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

SJD can't be in the wrong, they just won the "best accountant" award from somewhere or other...

Snag is you're stuck with them until this is sorted out.

I had major issues with them giving seriously wrong advice (wrong as in "no alignment at all to my business" and suggesting a divi payment in excess of MyCo's extant profits...) and then f***ing up my tax position with HMRC. I gave up trying to get an apology or an explanation and left them to it.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            SJD can't be in the wrong, they just bought the "best accountant" award from somewhere or other... :tumble
            FTFY

Comment

sorted

misread instruction.
              seems hmrc owed me money!..doh!

Comment

SJD I'm surprised how they win the best accountant award each year on here, surprised I tell you... but every year NAT and co are sporting a new full length mink coat ... coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by clearbrian View Post
                  misread instruction.
                  seems hmrc owed me money!..doh!
                  Well that's a result then...

SJD comments still apply though....
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                    SJD I'm surprised how they win the best accountant award each year on here, surprised I tell you... but every year NAT and co are sporting a new full length mink coat ... coincidence.
                    The vote isn’t based on any quality standards, it’s just a numbers game, SJD used to claim that they had 20,000 clients, even though they’ve probably lost loads, they are still very big so will always win a vote just based on numbers.
                    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
                    X