• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leasing a performance hybrid car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leasing a performance hybrid car

Hello, I wonder if anyone can provide some guidance.

I have been running my company for little under a year, I want to get a company car but not sure if I would be better off leasing it personally or through the company.

Now, as far as I understand it, if you want to get a fairly high powered car, it works out better to lease it personally, and claim milage back through the company.

But, the twist to this tale is I am looking at a performance hybrid - specifically the Volvo XC60 T8, which I believe has a lower BIK, which is the single biggest reason against getting a company car with a larger engine

I could be talking rubbish though, hence my question - can anyone advise what the best thing to do here would be?

Originally posted by Dazza666 View Post
    can anyone advise what the best thing to do here would be?
    Your accountant?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

what's more important to you?

a) money
      b) tax
      c) flashy car
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Company Cars

I have been running my company for little under a year, I want to get a company car but not sure if I would be better off leasing it personally or through the company.

Now, as far as I understand it, if you want to get a fairly high powered car, it works out better to lease it personally, and claim milage back through the company.

But, the twist to this tale is I am looking at a performance hybrid - specifically the Volvo XC60 T8, which I believe has a lower BIK, which is the single biggest reason against getting a company car with a larger engine

I could be talking rubbish though, hence my question - can anyone advise what the best thing to do here would be?
        You may find the link here useful, HMRC's car BIK calculator so you can make comparisons with other vehicles.

Comment

Pollution
          All around
          Sometimes up
          Sometimes down
          But always around
          We're on different buses, pollution
          But we're both using petrol
          Bombs....

Get a Maserati, stuff the environment, forget BIK...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Pollution
            All around
            Sometimes up
            Sometimes down
            But always around
            Bombs....

Amen sister

Comment

Have a look at the BMW 330E

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Pollution
                All around
                Sometimes up
                Sometimes down
                But always around
                Bombs....

Maserati's break down so often they're good for the environment.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  Maserati's break down so often they're good for the environment.
                  Mine's only broken down twice! Clutch position sensor and then engine RPM sensor. Both times in first fortnight of ownership. Fingers crossed ok since...

The Ferrari F430 engine in it is largely bulletproof, and F1 gearbox too (also Ferrari), only gripe is clutch wear. Other than that the QPV is pretty reliable. That paddle-shift F1 box is great tho, a smile-generator if ever there was one.

Comment

I’ve never heard of a Volvo being called a performance car before.

Comment

Working...
                    X