• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First time renter in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talked with the owner and everything.. the house is 25 miles north of Birmingham... so even more far out than London.

At this point is better if I can rent in London... the only problem is how? Got no references. Would paying 3 months in advance work?

Not sure what to do.

Comment

Spareroom.co.uk

Pick up a temp arrangement from. Stay for 3 months, get reference.
      Work contract, check if you like London then look for place.
      Ask landlord and agency to supply references.

Job jobbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Manic View Post
        Spareroom.co.uk

Pick up a temp arrangement from. Stay for 3 months, get reference.
        Work contract, check if you like London then look for place.
        Ask landlord and agency to supply references.

Job jobbed.
        This. And as someone else said - don’t bring the family over till you’ve got a good footing.

Comment

should do

Originally posted by mineralwasser View Post
          Talked with the owner and everything.. the house is 25 miles north of Birmingham... so even more far out than London.

At this point is better if I can rent in London... the only problem is how? Got no references. Would paying 3 months in advance work?

Not sure what to do.
          I had to pay 6 months deposit and double deposit to get mine in london

Comment

I would say Birmingham would be a better option for you. But, still it depends you know...so first see if it saves you money while staying in London if not, then make the move.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Or Aldershot/Farnborough/North Camp for Waterloo, all lovely idyillic places especially Aldershot, with it's thatched roof cottages around the village green and the lovely pubs all serving real ale and excellent lunches.
              I think that all the Swill and Ale you were consuming on HAL's ticket have addled your Lancashire brain ?
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
              X