• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

childcare costs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

childcare costs

Working via a limited company (England) what are the tax breaks if any for

Having a Nanny 3 days a week (£120 a day) to enable you to go to client office (can they be an employee etc)
    Putting Child in Nursery (£150 a day) - vouchers or such like?

child 1 = 2 years
    child 2 = 3 year old

asking for a friend

Originally posted by tarbera View Post

Having a Nanny 3 days a week (£120 a day) to enable you to go to client office (can they be an employee etc)

child 1 = 2 years
    child 2 = 3 year old

asking for a friend
    Up to £243 tax free childcare vouchers per month (per employee) - if nanny is ofsted registered think you can pay her with them

That nursery sounds expensive though... at least the nanny can look after both kids at once

edit: yeah would like to see where that nursery is? that's almost more expensive than Eton
    Last edited by pr1; 15 February 2018, 20:42.

Comment

child 1 = 2 years
      child 2 = 3 year old

asking for a friend
      you'd have to open a pension fund, handle PAYE etc.
      i'd avoid that, but i'm a lazy bugger

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
        Up to £243 tax free childcare vouchers per month (per employee) - if nanny is ofsted registered think you can pay her with them

That nursery sounds expensive though... at least the nanny can look after both kids at once

edit: yeah would like to see where that nursery is? that's almost more expensive than Eton
        This, but it doesn't have to be childcare vouchers. You can (and should) skip the voucher bit and just pay the childcare provider directly from the company bank account.

Also, that is far too much per day for a nursery.

Comment

£150 a day for a nursery! FFS I'm doing the wrong job.....

£23 a day next week for my little monster....
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            £150 a day for a nursery! FFS I'm doing the wrong job.....

£23 a day next week for my little monster....
            Yeah but they end up making friends with other kids on estates with benefit claiming parents and.. and.. oh.. never mind.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ok it's £301 per child for 3 days a week (canary wharf)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Yeah but they end up making friends with other kids on estates with benefit claiming parents and.. and.. oh.. never mind.
                Funnily enough NLUK I was brought up on a rough council estate - Glytaff Farm, Rhydyfelin for any south walians here. Not the nicest - better these days....

Dont think there are many benefit claimants where I live now. Probably not living in detached houses - apart from me of course!

Comment

Ok it's £301 per child for 3 days a week (canary wharf)
                  Completely nuts! Its not as if salaries/rates are that much more in London...

Comment

£45 per day for me, and I thought that was expensive..

Comment

Working...
                    X