• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clearsky, Parasol, SJD & Nixon Williams (Optionis) For Sale at £300m !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by l35kee View Post
    When I was a permie hiring contractors, neither my manager or myself had ever heard of IR35.

To be fair, I doubt any of the contractors had wither as they never mentioned anything when we moved them from project to project every week.
    At least you have some names to throw under the bus if HMRC come to your door instead
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by l35kee View Post
      When I was a permie hiring contractors, neither my manager or myself had ever heard of IR35.

To be fair, I doubt any of the contractors had wither as they never mentioned anything when we moved them from project to project every week.
      So true.

I still come across lots of contractors who don’t even know IR35 is a thing.

Comment

NW have gone totally rubbish in the last few months, looks like everyone's looking to get out
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
          So true.

I still come across lots of contractors who don’t even know IR35 is a thing.
          Seems to be working for them, in fairness. No contract reviews, no insurance, HMRC not really taking anyone to ask over it...
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            Seems to be working for them, in fairness. No contract reviews, no insurance, HMRC not really taking anyone to ask over it...
            Not yet..
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Not yet..
              And not ever if the alternative is taking thousands of people to court when they can barely work through an individual case.
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

I'm keeping my IPSE membership in place for the next 4 years 'just in case'.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  I'm keeping my IPSE membership in place for the next 4 years 'just in case'.
                  me too - vouchering everything I can as I go!
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                    me too - vouchering everything I can as I go!
                    Is the voucher scheme really that good, I've been a member a year and never looked at it??

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
                      Is the voucher scheme really that good, I've been a member a year and never looked at it??
                      It’s very good, especially since they moved to a new supplier last month
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X