• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mistakenly entered net wages instead of dividends in payment reference

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
    Talk about an over-reaction!
    Have to agree. My bank transfers for dividends are just that, transfers - I account for them as dividends and I would think that is all Hector cares about.

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
      Talk about an over-reaction!
      Not at all. The OP has made a mistake doing something I can't even do with my set up. He's got his answer but he doesn't have a solution. We don't know exactly what is happening but if he's doing a manual system that's open to mistakes such as this, let alone his RTI timings and other things there has to be a better way. He should also be passing little nuggets like this through his accountant. I think it's fair to ask if he's got an accountant because that could explain why he might be doing something wrong. If he's getting this wrong what else is he getting wrong and doesn't know it without an accountant. It's a fair question I think.

I suggest something could be better about the processes he is following to achieve his end, not that there is anything dodgy. Getting the right answer to a wrong process isn't the best advice for the OP.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Not at all. The OP has made a mistake doing something I can't even do with my set up.
        You can't accidentally pick the wrong one from the list?

Do you expense the tin foil for that hat, or did your accountant say it had duality of purpose?
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I suggest something could be better about the processes he is following to achieve his end, not that there is anything dodgy.
          Really?

Something doesn't smell right here.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Really?
            And? Does something not being right mean it's dodgy?

But keep going. It's quiet today so it passes the time.

Comment

You can't accidentally pick the wrong one from the list?

Do you expense the tin foil for that hat, or did your accountant say it had duality of purpose?
              That's different. I said I can't do what the OP did.

Comment

And? Does something not being right mean it's dodgy?
                Ah, I see now wher you're coming from. It's not dodgy but because not everyone works the way that you do, and possibly even uses a different bank from you, it must be not right.

I'd forgotten that there's only one way to do these things and anything that differs from the way that you do things is wrong.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Ah, I see now wher you're coming from. It's not dodgy but because not everyone works the way that you do, and possibly even uses a different bank from you, it must be not right.

I'd forgotten that there's only one way to do these things and anything that differs from the way that you do things is wrong.
                  Stop being a moron TF. It doesn't suit you.

I'm trying to find out if there is a better way he can do this. If you want to have a pop at me rather than help the OP then fill your boots. I'm fine with it.

Comment

Stop being a moron TF. It doesn't suit you.

I'm trying to find out if there is a better way he can do this. If you want to have a pop at me rather than help the OP then fill your boots. I'm fine with it.
                    Suggesting that something "doesn't smell right" is not looking for a better way to do things. But you go ahead and convince yourself that it does if it makes you feel better.

And on that note, I'm off.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Suggesting that something "doesn't smell right" is not looking for a better way to do things. But you go ahead and convince yourself that it does if it makes you feel better.

And on that note, I'm off.
                      That particular phrase might not but the 4 other questions I asked in the same post kind of indicates I am.

Why did you need to fill that field in? Doesn't your bank have set payments that you can just use again? I have one for expenses, pay and Dividends. All go to the same account but have split them up to be clear. All I do is pick the one option I want to use and select pay now. Don't have to enter anything in to fields?

Why don't you use standing order for pay so don't need to fill it in?

Something doesn't smell right here. Do you use and accountant as well?
                      Really useful thanks.
                      Last edited by northernladuk; 23 February 2018, 20:08.

Comment

Working...
                      X