• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Withdraw from a contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    So you've not had your contract checked to make sure it's outside IR35 either??
    Oh I'm sure the OP will confirm the clause is in there, but as so often happens, the client has no operational intention to abide by it.
    "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

I'm in the same position as the original poster, but my notice is 3 months. I haven't started however and still have 2 weeks until official start date. But have signed and sent over my signature, start date, etc. I guess it's too late to pull out now, even though I've found something a bit better?

Comment

Very strange that your contract is holding you to 3 months' notice. Is that a perm position?

Comment

Originally posted by amanwhoisquiet View Post
          Very strange that your contract is holding you to 3 months' notice. Is that a perm position?
          Nah, just poorly negotiated.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes

Comment

It can't be. NLUK says it isn't
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Comment

Originally posted by nicholas22 View Post
                    I'm in the same position as the original poster, but my notice is 3 months. I haven't started however and still have 2 weeks until official start date. But have signed and sent over my signature, start date, etc. I guess it's too late to pull out now, even though I've found something a bit better?
                    Where there's a will, there's a way. Serve notice as per the contract and immediately phone in sick for the entire duration of the notice period.

Agent & client will be seriously pissed off, but you'll be "free" of the contract without, technically, being in breach and you'll never have to set foot on the client's site.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                      Where there's a will, there's a way. Serve notice as per the contract and immediately phone in sick for the entire duration of the notice period.

Agent & client will be seriously pissed off, but you'll be "free" of the contract without, technically, being in breach and you'll never have to set foot on the client's site.
                      What part of a contract allows you to b sick but not breach the contract?
                      This is stupid ******* idea.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X