• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Closing UK limited company from outside UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing UK limited company from outside UK?

I have a UK limited company that I set up when I use to live in the UK. I never did anything with the company apart from set it up online. So it is non-trading/dormant.

I wish to close this company and I understand that I need to send a DS01 form to companies house. However they require a 10GBP cheque or postal order to be sent with the DS01. I have absolutely no way to send a cheque or postal order from Australia, I do have a UK bank account but no cheque book, and it is not possible to get a cheque book with that bank unless I go to a branch in the UK.

How can I close this company?

Thanks very much for any help. This is very frustrating that it was so simple to create this company and pay the fee initially, all done online in minutes, and now it is impossible to close the thing!

Seems to me like you need a friend or relative in the UK to send the form to and ask them to buy the postal order to enclose then forward to companies house for you. Send them the cash via Paypal.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Quite a lot of people would probably just resign the positions they hold and wait for it to eventually be struck off.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
        Quite a lot of people would probably just resign the positions they hold and wait for it to eventually be struck off.
        Is this really an option? Does this remove all responsibility from me?

I presume the form I need is the TM01.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-director-tm01

What happens when a company no longer has a director? Who is responsible?

Comment

Working...
        X