• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pension Fees Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pension Fees Question

Hi,

I've tried googling to find an answer to this, but not got anywhere and can't quite work out the answer for myself. My SIPP provider (BestInvest) debits fees each month. If I don't have any cash on the account, they automatically sell a small amount of my holdings to generate the cash for the fees. I'm wondering, is it better to keep some cash in the SIPP for the fees or let them sell a small amount each month? Or does it probably not matter?

Thanks.

Originally posted by data6789 View Post
    Hi,

I've tried googling to find an answer to this, but not got anywhere and can't quite work out the answer for myself. My SIPP provider (BestInvest) debits fees each month. If I don't have any cash on the account, they automatically sell a small amount of my holdings to generate the cash for the fees. I'm wondering, is it better to keep some cash in the SIPP for the fees or let them sell a small amount each month? Or does it probably not matter?

Thanks.
    I keep some residual cash for fees.

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
      I keep some residual cash for fees.
      Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Avoid paying fees out of your SIPP, and never be in the position where your provider has to sell some investments to cover the fees, while also charging you a dealing fee to sell in the investment.

Perhaps your provider may allow you to keep cash outside the SIPP for fees, or pay by direct debit or standing order or debit card.

Comment

My SIPP is with Hargreaves Landsdown. They have an amount they suggest you keep as cash. It’ still in the SIPP but not invested. It’s a small amount to cover fees. Something like 0.01% of the whole sum.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I have a DD setup with II
            Last thing I want is them messing about with my investments
            Cos that would totally bugger up the nice round numbers I have in lovely graphs in umpteen spreadsheets to keep Swmbo engaged.
            So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
              I have a DD setup with II
              Last thing I want is them messing about with my investments
              Cos that would totally bugger up the nice round numbers I have in lovely graphs in umpteen spreadsheets to keep Swmbo engaged.
              yep, there's lies, damned lies, and spreadsheets. - worked for arthurs androids have you?

Comment

How did you know that?

I was with AC to be precise back in 1996 but I left to do a stint at Fedex long before it all went tits up.
                So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  My SIPP is with Hargreaves Landsdown. They have an amount they suggest you keep as cash. It’ still in the SIPP but not invested. It’s a small amount to cover fees. Something like 0.01% of the whole sum.
                  +1

Comment

Working...
                  X