• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self producing year end accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SneakySimon View Post
    Hi

Question around doing your own year end accounts which since I am now permie, are very straighforward with perhaps £5 - £10k income and maybe a small outgoing of £2k.

I have signed up for doing the accounts myself on HMRC and taking a look at them - I notice on top of the abbreviated accounts and CT600, there is several sections you need too enter Profit and Loss etc - if I used a professional software, would that complete these bits as well as the abbreviated accounts and CT600?

Before a certain someone asks, I have asked my accountant who was not hugely forthcoming since they want the business!
    You could use a trial version of a professional software in some extend. The Web-filling is a different and that software will not suggest what to enter manually online on HRMC specific web-interface. Get your time over a few weeks keeping BOTH web-filling drafts as long as required to get everything clear and you will be there.
    I used at least 3 drafts of both Accounts and CT600 I refined over 2 weeks time before I submitted it finally.

However I do not recommend it for everyone. That is dangerous for some

You could see some production software here
    https://www.gov.uk/company-filing-so...d-tax-accounts

Comment

Working...
    X