• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Section 29 Assessment Enquiry has turned up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7specialgems View Post
    Thanks for sharing your advice and experiences so far everyone.

Very interesting info about Connect too.

I will contact my accountant asking them to inform me of HMRC's requests before servicing them.

I will also examine the terms of TLC35.

I am happy enough with the SA enquiry and proving my figures.

But my great fear is escalation into a full blown IR35 enquiry.

I feel confident that I have acted diligently from the outset so if it did go that far then I would hope that my records and TLC35 would result in another item in the nil column for HMRC.

But I have a lot going on at home at the moment including a new arrival and I could do without the hassle hanging over me.

Has anyone on here experienced this and had it escalated?
    IR35 comes down Employers Compliance Route, and is initially an investigation into the company. This is a personal assessment. Although one never says never, generally HMRC aren't that joined up. Different departments. I think the risk of it triggering IR35 interest is negligible.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica@WhiteFieldTax View Post
      I think the risk of it triggering IR35 interest is negligible.
      I hope so Jessica! But this is my quandary with TLC35 as a defence for a personal enquiry - whilst I am generally confident I have nothing to hide, I don't to generate IR35 interest by myself!

Frustrated that this has landed over the bank holiday weekend. I want to get moving sorting this out! :-)

Comment

HMRC wouldn't know it’s TLC35, just that your advisor is called Qdos. I doubt the Self Assessment teams would even know who Qdos were.

Frustrating when it comes up at a weekend, but this type of thing isn’t uncommon. Your accountants should help you unpick next week, but run it past Qdos if you are unsure after speaking with them.

Comment

Working...
        X