• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Starling bank business current account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    Yet. My wife only has a 25% share so in my case I was the only PSC and was able to sign up. I'm also doubtful that the majority of contractors income split, seeing as it only generally makes sense if your spouse does not earn very much.
    I've also signed up. My wife is a 50% shareholder and this was also fine with Starling - they use Companies House PSC information and I'm the only person listed as a PSC (sole Director).

So ... whilst performing my Director duties and performing due diligence on Ltd Co records, I identified that the PSC register at Companies House was not up-to-date (being corrected by a Confirmation Statement which is due to be submitted shortly).

Interestingly, before applying I spoke to Starling CS about a Ltd Co with 50/50 shareholding (but sole director) and they were not fussed - and only interested in CH information (correct or not!).
    Last edited by Spoiler; 28 August 2018, 21:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
      I've also signed up. My wife is a 50% shareholder and this was also fine with Starling - they use Companies House PSC information and I'm the only person listed as a PSC (sole Director).
      Well you better get that sorted at companies house before your fine arrives!

Comment

How do you get away with not including her as a person of significant control if she owns half the business?
        I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
          How do you get away with not including her as a person of significant control if she owns half the business?
          No idea - I assumed she was, but according to Companies House she is not (quick check online before I applied).

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
            Well you better get that sorted at companies house before your fine arrives!
            Indeed. Just looking into this now that I've uncovered the anomaly - will ask my accountant !
            Although … may just leave it a week or so and ensure the Starling account is fully operational first

Update - Accountant is getting the PSC register corrected !
            Last edited by Spoiler; 28 August 2018, 21:22.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              I didn't say there was, but I wasn't clear.

I have 5k sitting in cater Allen to avoid their fee/fine.

Now I can move that 5k to my aldermore business savings account instead.

Not much I know
              Any issues with Aldermore as a Cater Allen replacement?
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Indeed. Just looking into this now that I've uncovered the anomaly - will ask my accountant !
                Although … may just leave it a week or so and ensure the Starling account is fully operational first

Update - Accountant is getting the PSC register corrected !
                Why not make her a director as well?

One reason to do it is in case you die so she can then close down the company simply rather than leaving her a total mess to sort out that she has no control over.
                There aren't really any good reasons to not make her one.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Any issues with Aldermore as a Cater Allen replacement?
                  I have Aldermore savings accounts, and only your (company) nominated account can pay into them

They don't do a current account (or didn't last time I checked)

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    Why not make her a director as well?

One reason to do it is in case you die so she can then close down the company simply rather than leaving her a total mess to sort out that she has no control over.
                    There aren't really any good reasons to not make her one.
                    Lots of banks won’t let you contract with them if you have more than you as a director

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      Lots of banks won’t let you contract with them if you have more than you as a director
                      Not an issue with Barclays or Lloyds.

Comment

Working...
                      X