• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Starling bank business current account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starling bank business current account

Anyone got one yet? The app only updated with the business account features today I think.

Lightning fast account opening if you already have a personal account.

Full details here https://www.starlingbank.com/business-account/

No charges for small businesses like most of ours.

Time to ditch my old Cater Allen with £5000 minimum balance restriction.

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    Anyone got one yet? The app only updated with the business account features today I think.

Lightning fast account opening if you already have a personal account.

Full details here https://www.starlingbank.com/business-account/

Time to ditch my old Cater Allen with £5000 minimum balance restriction.
    meh.

Nothing new here. If they gave me £100 as a sweetener I might consider the paperwork.

For a new starter needing a business bank account it might work, but I can't see a reason to change.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      meh.

Nothing new here. If they gave me £100 as a sweetener I might consider the paperwork.

For a new starter needing a business bank account it might work, but I can't see a reason to change.
      No paperwork (though I had already gone through their minimal identity checks for the personal account - in app upload of driving license and voice recording)

True enough for long timers, but I am happy I can move my 5k to a business savings acc earning 1% lol!

Comment

No paperwork (though I had already gone through their minimal identity checks for the personal account - in app upload of driving license and voice recording)

True enough for long timers, but I am happy I can move my 5k to a business savings acc earning 1% lol!
        There is no interest in their business account.

Comment

Seriously considering it. Might wait for a few of the app bugs to be ironed out.

Comment

Is there a Freeagent bank feed for it ?

Comment

Bit the bullet and signed up. As I already have a personal account it took a few minutes. Currently limited to companies with only one person of significant control.

As with the personal account I will soft trial it for now. I’m currently transferring lump sums to my personal account and have set the Starling card as my Apple Pay default and using it for day to day transactions to see how it goes.

The biggest advantage so far over HSBC is no monthly fee and the app is much better.

I imagine we may see feeds for FreeAgent at some point when they roll out support for open banking. In the meantime their API should be available soon so it could be scripted and run offline.
              Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 2 April 2018, 15:17.

Comment

Originally posted by jmann View Post
                There is no interest in their business account.
                I didn't say there was, but I wasn't clear.

I have 5k sitting in cater Allen to avoid their fee/fine.

Now I can move that 5k to my aldermore business savings account instead.

Not much I know

Comment

Many businesses like ours take advantage of the Arctic ruling and have more than one person with significant control, which they cannot cater for.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF View Post
                    Many businesses like ours take advantage of the Arctic ruling and have more than one person with significant control, which they cannot cater for.
                    Yet. My wife only has a 25% share so in my case I was the only PSC and was able to sign up. I'm also doubtful that the majority of contractors income split, seeing as it only generally makes sense if your spouse does not earn very much.

Comment

Working...
                    X