• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Claiming VAT Back on Accountancy Charges

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claiming VAT Back on Accountancy Charges

Whenever I am charged my monthly accountancy fee, the accountancy system automatically adjusts it to except. Therefore I never reclaim VAT on those charges.

This is despite the charges listed on the website clearly showing £107 per month and I am charged £128.40

Am I being duped?

Yep. Tell your accountant to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
      Yep. Tell your accountant to fix it.
      By fix it, do you mean reclaim all the money I should have saved through the VAT calculations?

Comment

Originally posted by MikhailCompo View Post
        By fix it, do you mean reclaim all the money I should have saved through the VAT calculations?
        Well. It was your responsibility to sign off your vat returns so not sure how far that would go.

I mean fix their system to be able to reclaim the vat and not automatically exempt it for future transactions.

Who is the accountant?

Comment

Are you on the VAT flat rate scheme?
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            Good shout. Didn’t even think of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              No, std scheme

Comment

Have you tried speaking to your accountant to give them a chance to explain?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X