• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency does not want invoice. I must fill out their timesheet in order to get paid.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The simple question revealed the OP doesn't understand what IR35 is about.

However they aren't the only one who has done this in the past. Other posters have complained when they have had to do Health and Safety courses when working on a client site...
    And while the HMRC fights and loses appeals on IR35, one can assume no one Really knows what IR35 is about - including its authors.

Yes, the dreaded H&S courses. About which, I can't be bothered to fight that battle and end up in doing (most of) them, while hoping the drive to complete them dries up and goes away. Which is not to say I don't have an appreciation of IR35, it is just to say I don't want to get bent out of shape when asked to do them, or create enemies when I refuse to do them.

So, if come the time when the IR35 fight occurs in court, I will have Against me a damning H&S certificate, but I will have For me an Invoice (even if the latter wasn't actually submitted). It is all about the balance.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
      And while the HMRC fights and loses appeals on IR35, one can assume no one Really knows what IR35 is about - including its authors.

Yes, the dreaded H&S courses. About which, I can't be bothered to fight that battle and end up in doing (most of) them, while hoping the drive to complete them dries up and goes away. Which is not to say I don't have an appreciation of IR35, it is just to say I don't want to get bent out of shape when asked to do them, or create enemies when I refuse to do them.

So, if come the time when the IR35 fight occurs in court, I will have Against me a damning H&S certificate, but I will have For me an Invoice (even if the latter wasn't actually submitted). It is all about the balance.
      You have illustrated you have little understanding of H&S legislation.

Everyone is covered by H&S legislation hence those signs for wet floors in shops. If you spend a reasonable amount of time on a client site e.g. more than just pop in, they have to ensure you are aware of H&S legislation e.g. do a course to help prevent them being prosecuted if something goes wrong.

It has absolutely nothing to do with IR35. The same way being sexually, racially etc abused at a client site and taking action against it has nothing to do with IR35.
      Last edited by SueEllen; 10 April 2018, 14:34.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Aye, instead of worrying about the endless minutiae of what working practices could be deemed a pointer towards being inside IR35 (either rightly or wrongly, at the discretion of whatever wig is in the court on the day), it's far easier to concentrate on working practices that are proven (from documented cases and IR35 contract reviews) to make you outside IR35.

So don't lose sleep about client/site induction courses (H&S, security, handling of client's data, ...), using client facilities, or self billing. They can neither lose or win you the battle.

Lose sleep if you can't easily prove your working practices are outside IR35 by the currently accepted (by HMRC or client HR) review services and insurances. Plenty of info on this site and elsewhere saying what kinds of things to look out for when deciding to accept a contract or later work from the client and how best to deliver it.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Why are we still talking about IR35? Self billing has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's a commercial agreement between your limited and the agency. Sod all to do with defining the employment relationship between a working and the client.

Wow.. I've seen plenty of people trying to find the silver bullet for IR35 but I'm sure an invoice isn't it.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 10 April 2018, 11:37.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Grief - you really need to get off your high horse.

A simple question; it didn't need all your high and mighty attitude.
            Yes exactly, a simple question. Too simple.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

There you have it guys.

To all those with less than 20 years' experience and post counts in the low 30 thousands, there does exist a minimum level of question to ask before you stop being decried in public forum.

The mantra, 'no question is too stupid', does not exist to the higher echelons of some posters.

What rarefied company we exist in and put up with...!

Comment

There you have it guys.

To all those with less than 20 years' experience and post counts in the low 30 thousands, there does exist a minimum level of question to ask before you stop being decried in public forum.

The mantra, 'no question is too stupid', does not exist to the higher echelons of some posters.

I posted this the other day, but worth repeating.

Comment

There you have it guys.

There is indeed. It's detailed nicely in a sticky in the FAQ section..

https://forums.contractoruk.com/welc...e-newbies.html

which states..

So basically, we will help where we can but we dislike lazy posting. If you find the above steps too much of a hassle, you deserve all you get.
                  There is also a link to the T&C's at the top of the forum lists here

https://www.contractoruk.com/about/bulletin_board.html

which states, amongst other things....

2. Do your research.

As a new forum member or a regular with a question please do your research. Here is an excellent post from one of our moderators that shows how to search the main site for information. There is also a search function on the forum that can be used. We do not like lazy questions and these will likely result in it being suggested that you do some research.
                  So yes, there are some rules to set a minimum level of question, or at least avoid the ones below a general minimum.

We are also a fora of professionals selling our expert skills. I'd personally expect the people in here to be a bit tougher and more capable than your average bod in the street. A bit of researching or using your ability to solve problems to help yourself isn't a big ask and I think also sets a minimum standard of what to expect.
                  Mumsnet is a forum for anyone that's a mum regardless of background, education etc but you wanna see that lot kick off when someone asks a 'below the minimum threshold' question. People get it easy here.

Now stop ****ing crying and grow some.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Re the question, yes there is. It shows the OP has made absolutely zero effort to understand IR35. If he can't even fathom this how on earth is he supposed to make sure his working practices stay outside etc.

If wager he's not put much effort in to understanding the 24 month rule and other aspects to being a good contractor. He looks like a permatractor playing tick box contracting.
                    To be fair neither have HMRC.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X