• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2019 Loan Charge Petition Parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Knowingly entering a scheme where you pay no tax, but a percentage to a firm in the Isle of Man is not ignorance.
    Stupidity isn’t much of an excuse either as most are/were reasonably well paid individuals so have a basic level of intelligence (albeit not a lot of wisdom).

So no sympathy here. I get infractions when I state my view on that other forum.
    Wonder why ? Well, there seem to be thousands of us out there. Thanks for the sanctimonious howl of disapproval. Always welcome.
    Last edited by cojak; 25 April 2018, 15:32. Reason: No winking on professional forums please.

Comment

Knowingly entering a scheme where you pay no tax, but a percentage to a firm in the Isle of Man is not ignorance.
      Stupidity isn’t much of an excuse either as most are/were reasonably well paid individuals so have a basic level of intelligence (albeit not a lot of wisdom).

So no sympathy here. I get infractions when I state my view on that other forum.
      It seemed to work for the chairman of the FCA. And alot of scheme users are doctors, work for the BBC, oil&gas, etcetc.

Do you like HMRC?

Comment

I agree. Maybe ignorance is the wrong word.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Bearing in mind the petition to stop the IR35 changes coming in to the public sector only got 15k votes, what are the chances of you actually making 100k? It also raised quite a bit of a stink because it was utter tulip.

Blindly creating poor petitions when there is zero chance it's going to go anywhere doesn't help anyone IMO.

People sign anything these days. Attach a reasonable story to it and off you pop. Specially if there is a little bit of cash behind it to raise awareness.

IR35 is relatively complicated in its meaning. This is relatively simple to understand therefore can attract more interest.

Comment

Originally posted by catesby View Post
            Not interested in sympathy. Just the process of law not being distorted and manoeuvred to suit governments with large debts.
            You said
            Didn't expect to see schadenfreude rear its' ugly head on this particular subject. Trust (excuse the pun) it doesn't come back to bite one day.
            My post was to warn you to expect even downright hostility in this part of the forum. As you've now experienced.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by PokemonStay View Post
              It seemed to work for the chairman of the FCA. And alot of scheme users are doctors, work for the BBC, oil&gas, etcetc.

Do you like HMRC?
              I neither love nor loathe HMRC. I am pretty neutral towards them.
              So what if a lot of people use these schemes. They knowingly take a risk and will have to accept the consequences.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                You said

My post was to warn you to expect even downright hostility in this part of the forum. As you've now experienced.
                Fair comment NAT - I consider myself warned. It's a shame some people feel such a judgmental compulsion to condemn those who might have made mistakes or accepted (poor) advice. Not much forgiveness on here from those who have all obviously made such perfect life choices. Hey ho.

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegalaxy View Post
                  People sign anything these days. Attach a reasonable story to it and off you pop. Specially if there is a little bit of cash behind it to raise awareness.

IR35 is relatively complicated in its meaning. This is relatively simple to understand therefore can attract more interest.
                  And all that rubbish is why no one wants a Petitions monkey on their team. Completely missed the whole point of what you are trying to achieve... but managed to create a petition. You, sir, are a winner.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not interested in sympathy. Just the process of law not being distorted and manoeuvred to suit governments with large debts.
                    Parliament is sovereign so makes law.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      Parliament is sovereign so makes law.
                      Aw, thanks for that. And we all know the law is an ass. And not just in this case. And of course, they never get it wrong.
                      Last edited by catesby; 25 April 2018, 16:43.

Comment

Working...
                      X