2019 Loan Charge Petition Parliament 2019 Loan Charge Petition Parliament - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 41 to 42 of 42

Some things in Moderation

The retrospective aspect is there to stop cat and mouse scheme hopping (which you can see by the numbers who have been caught out by the different 11-12, 12-13, 13-14 schemes they’ve have been involved in).

If you think you’re going to be caught in the future, you’re less likely to join a scheme today.

Nervous Newbie

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Knowingly entering a scheme where you pay no tax, but a percentage to a firm in the Isle of Man is not ignorance.
    Stupidity isn�t much of an excuse either as most are/were reasonably well paid individuals so have a basic level of intelligence (albeit not a lot of wisdom).

So no sympathy here. I get infractions when I state my view on that other forum.
    I agree; if you enter a scheme knowing you wont pay tax that is tax avoidance. We all have to pay tax to support our public services, you should too. you deserve what you get.
    On a note of advice HMRC usually go back 6 years, 20 years is allowed for extreme tax avoidance, but I would think in this case 6 years will be the max.

And given the high media profile, usually about footballers, you should have seen this coming.