• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2019 Loan Charge Petition Parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    I think its great that we are in a country where one can start a petition asking to help dodge tax.
    You mean like these?

https://petition.parliament.uk/archi...titions/170118
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/204121

Comment

They are slightly better, the best are petitions which ask that people should be allowed to be paid salaries in the form of loans such that they pay no tax at all on about 150k of income. Even better they want to go to newspapers as well to drum up public support for it.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        They are slightly better, the best are petitions which ask that people should be allowed to be paid salaries in the form of loans such that they pay no tax at all on about 150k of income. Even better they want to go to newspapers as well to drum up public support for it.

Comment

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/218582

Petition just recently been approved for anyone who wants to sign and share

Comment

All I would say is I personally didn’t intentionalky dodge tax. Amend the law, agree what is allowed and isn’t allowed and don’t retrospectively punish people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegalaxy View Post
              All I would say is I personally didn’t intentionalky dodge tax. Amend the law, agree what is allowed and isn’t allowed and don’t retrospectively punish people.
              Intent is not actually relevant...

Your fight should be about preventing the scheme operators selling false products to gullible clients.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

They aren’t retrospectively punishing people, HMRC are merely collecting the tax that should have been paid in the first place. Everyone knows that the “loans’ they received were not really loans and this simply draws a line under it.

Equally I don’t think it’s accurate to say you didn’t intentionally dodge tax. Your tax returns are your responsibility not anyone else’s and as a contractor you run a business which means you are responsible for doing your own research. So the best light I can shine on it is that you took a gamble and it didn’t pay off - anything else just makes you look like a ....

Comment

A lot more work needs to be put into this if you want to get any kind of backing. At the current rate you’d be looking at ~8 years to get to your 100k.

You asked the question whether it would be a good idea. Everyone said no.

I think I agree with Malvolio that the scheme operators should be your target. To make them liable.

I do have some sympathy as I think it’s something I could have been fooled into straight out of uni. Just by someone saying it’s legal and having a website. But the petition as it stands won’t go anywhere.

Comment

All I would say is I personally didn’t intentionalky dodge tax.
                    So you did it because ...?
                    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

You paid a 3rd party a percentage, and no tax at all? Right? That’s the sort of scheme we’re on about as I understand.

So which bit of that was not intentionally paying no tax?
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X