• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tailored Accounting - Dodgy tax evasion scheme?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailored Accounting - Dodgy tax evasion scheme?

I had a phone called from these guys the other day suggesting they could save approximate 10-15% off of my tax bill. I was curious as to whether or not the loan scheme thing was still going on so decided to listen up.

I didn't catch everything because the guy explained it in a whirlwind rush and then followed up with 0 details other than a financial breakdown. However, it sounded as if these accountants were breaking down payments into 4 each month: Salary, Expenses, Advances and something else I can't remember. Either way, the advance payment wasn't a loan as such, and was based on your contract rate.

Obviously I didn't take them up on their kind offer, I mentioned it sounded like a loan scheme and even if it wasn't, HMRC would be along eventually. Their response? "It's been fine for five years but, you could just put the difference in pay into an ISA in case they come after you" - yeah... Great mitigation...

Anyone else heard of anything similar?

Nope.

But only because as soon as I get an inkling that it is a loan scheme, I politely interrupt and just as politely hang up.

Comment

Working...
    X