• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best business bank - Freeagent compatible - Leaving TSB

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best business bank - Freeagent compatible - Leaving TSB

Hi All,

Currently caught up in the TSB fiasco and my patience is running out....

What is the best Freeagent compatible bank, sounds like Barclays is the only one that doesn't require Yodlee / fudging to work properly?

Not too fussed about 5-20 quid banking charge / month.

Thanks

Originally posted by morf View Post
    Hi All,

Currently caught up in the TSB fiasco and my patience is running out....

What is the best Freeagent compatible bank, sounds like Barclays is the only one that doesn't require Yodlee / fudging to work properly?

Not too fussed about 5-20 quid banking charge / month.

Thanks
    Cater Allen are fine. No faster payments yet, it's all BACS so takes a day or two to transfer. Freeagent feed works and there's no charge.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      Cater Allen are fine. No faster payments yet, it's all BACS so takes a day or two to transfer. Freeagent feed works and there's no charge.
      We use Cater Allen and agree with the above (though there is a charge for us as we have quite a lot of transactions...for a typical contractor there likely wouldn't be). Lack of faster payments is annoying...plus it does use Yodlee.

Barclays has a direct (non Yodlee) feed. I believe RBS/Natwest do/very shortly will do given their tie up with FreeAgent. Unsure re others, but with PSD2 or whatever it's called they should all have good feeds without Yodlee relatively soon.

Comment

Cheers for the feedback guys, Faster Payments is pretty useful as I like paying myself then doing all my personal banking in one sitting.

Thanks
        Morf
        A happy Maslins customer, unhappy TSB customer, 38 mins on hold presently....

Comment

Originally posted by morf View Post
          A happy Maslins customer, unhappy TSB customer, 38 mins on hold presently....
          Hello!

Comment

Been happily using Santander for many years. Works well with FreeAgent, via Yodlee, but never had any connection problems. No monthly fee either.

Comment

NatWest also give a direct feed into FreeAgent and RBS (who own NatWest) have an interest in making sure everything works smoothly given the recent ownership change

https://www.scotsman.com/business/co...deal-1-4713534

Comment

NatWest is an overnight feed into free agent but I have heard some banks are near real time so making it easier to keep reconciliations alignment.
                Twitter: jonsmile

Comment

HSBC are as good as any, had three issues in 20 years and all resolved promptly, and offer all the tools you will ever need. They allow Yodlee in as well although that is not without the occasional hiccup in service meaning the odd manual loading of a downloaded statement.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Barclays

Had no issues with Barclays over the past few years. Their app and customer service (for business at least) is great.

Comment

Working...
                    X