• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petition sign here -Stop the Loan Charge 2019 from being applied retrospectively

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You do? Would you like to qualify that statement?

You mention in the petition the numbers that are affected are a significant proportion but then go on to say it affects 100,000 workers. Depending on what survey you use there is anywhere between 1.4 and 1.8 million freelancers.... That's what? around 5%?

Is the loan charge really challenging the employment arrangements?

The rest of it is so woolly it means little to me and I've half a clue what's going on. How is that going attract the average person that doesn't really know what's going on?
    I think if you attempted to explain to the average person the exact ins and outs of it it would be far too complicated. If you don’t understand yet, and after 3 weeks of googling I’m not 100% up on it, I doubt you can explain it perfectly in a word limit. It’s just a brief overview

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      OP, why have you started a new thread?

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...ml#post2548322
      One had not been created at the time. Plus relatively new so unaware of rules!

Comment

Reads like....... it’s not fair that we are treated badly like footballers as we’re merely poor IT contractors.

That isn’t going anywhere. What about the inherent unfairness of retrospective legislation? Surely that’s the angle to use not some whining, slimey geek who might have to extend his mortgage by 5 years to pay his fair share of tax.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          Reads like....... it’s not fair that we are treated badly like footballers as we’re merely poor IT contractors.

That isn’t going anywhere. What about the inherent unfairness of retrospective legislation? Surely that’s the angle to use not some whining, slimey geek who might have to extend his mortgage by 5 years to pay his fair share of tax.
          It's retrospective legislation affecting some whining, slimey geek who might have to extend his mortgage by 5 years to pay his fair share of tax.

Comment

Hmm 176 signatures. Going well

I'm guessing this one won't be mentioned when you are telling everyone about your decent background in getting signatures over 100k?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm guessing this one won't be mentioned when you are telling everyone about your decent background in getting signatures over 100k?
              Next petition: Bring back Jim'll Fix It.

Comment

176 people all providing HMRC with a reason to have a detailed look into their affairs alongside enough information for HMRC to do so.

Hmm, good plan that one...

Comment

Originally posted by madame SasGuru View Post
                  176 people all providing HMRC with a reason to have a detailed look into their affairs alongside enough information for HMRC to do so.

Hmm, good plan that one...
                  isn't it anonymous?
                  The JSON data doesn't include the names of signatories (just the creator).
                  The privacy statement only talks about keeping the details of the petition creator.

I think you can sign it safely, just don't start one....
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    isn't it anonymous?
                    The JSON data doesn't include the names of signatories (just the creator).
                    The privacy statement only talks about keeping the details of the petition creator.

I think you can sign it safely, just don't start one....
                    https://petition.parliament.uk/privacy

We’ll share your details with other government or parliamentary bodies so they can respond to your petition. We may also share your details with government or parliamentary bodies so they can invite you to take part in discussions about the issues raised in your petition.

Comment

Originally posted by madame SasGuru View Post
                      hahaha. Really? You're going to quote the same page I read but miss out the key part?

When you create a petition we ask for your name, email address and postcode.

We’ll publish your name along with the petition, but not your email address or postcode. We use these details to make sure you haven’t signed the petition already, and that you’re a real person (not a robot).

We’ll treat your personal information according to the Cabinet Office personal information charter.
                      Nothing about people who sign, only those who create.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X