• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it possible to get Personal sim only plans registered in Ltd Co name?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to get Personal sim only plans registered in Ltd Co name?

Currently looking at sim only plans and it appears that most of the networks tend to offer more data on their personal plans compared to business plans.

So wondering if it is possible to register a personal sim only contract for Ltd company. I am assuming end result needs to be that monthly bill also shows Ltd. company name with the address details?

I was looking at EE's 40GB on personal plan compared to 30GB max on Business plan.

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
    Currently looking at sim only plans and it appears that most of the networks tend to offer more data on their personal plans compared to business plans.

So wondering if it is possible to register a personal sim only contract for Ltd company. I am assuming end result needs to be that monthly bill also shows Ltd. company name with the address details?

I was looking at EE's 40GB on personal plan compared to 30GB max on Business plan.
    Check out 3 Sim only business plans

40GB (30GB personal Hotspot) all you can eat minutes and texts for £17.50 per month

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      Check out 3 Sim only business plans

40GB (30GB personal Hotspot) all you can eat minutes and texts for £17.50 per month
      I considered this but 24 month contract was mentally to long to be tied down ... considering I am with them (personal sim only) on a 30day rolling contract for last 6yrs!

My issue with them is that once in a while the 4g connection refuses to work and I have to manually switch Iphone to 3G to get internet. Not sure if this is true of other networks as well

Comment

buy a PAYG SIM from Amazon. All Amazon invoices have a field for company name.

or put the company name as line 1 on your billing address.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
          I considered this but 24 month contract was mentally to long to be tied down ... considering I am with them (personal sim only) on a 30day rolling contract for last 6yrs!

My issue with them is that once in a while the 4g connection refuses to work and I have to manually switch Iphone to 3G to get internet. Not sure if this is true of other networks as well
          3 also have 12 month business SIM only contracts which they don't openly advertise. I know I have one which started 2 months ago. You do pay a slight premium for the 12 month deal, although everything is negotiable. mine is 30Gb per month plus all you can eat minutes and texts for £15.
          I occasionally have a loss of connection (sometimes due to the clients premises other time due to the phone not registering properly. Forcing my Samsung S8+ to re-register on the network cures the problem.

Comment

If you want a contract in YourCo’s name you need a business contract. Otherwise do as suggested above and buy a PAYG SIM and credit directly through the business.

I’m not convinced adding you company name to the billing address would stand up to much scrutiny if HMRC really wanted to contest it Who would be chased if a bill went unpaid? If the answer isn’t YourCo it’s not a B2B contract.

That said in practice I imagine it’s one of those things people get away with as even if you had an inspection I guess the tax inspector isn’t going to dig much deeper than the invoice.

Comment

ok, I'll go with a proper business contract

Yorkie how much of that 30g is for tethering?. £15 for that much data is even cheaper than their personal plans

Comment

Have a look at Virgin business plans. They use the EE network. Generous allowances and I pay £15 ex VAT per month and also get a £5/month discount on a dedicated business broadband line (£35/month ex VAT for 300Mb).

Comment

Vodafone

Vodafone offer the same SIM-Only plans for personal to business. I am on a personal tariff billed to my Limited company. I even get the 12 months NowTV or Spotify benefit.

I think it's called Business Freedom (https://www.vodafone.co.uk/business/...siness-freedom)

Business customers can also choose one of our consumer Pay monthly or SIM only plans, offering a choice of UK minutes, texts and data on the latest devices ....
                  If you're already with VF you can get the number ownership transferred over to your Limited company.
                  https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-...wnership/form/

Actually I've not looked at the plans for a while but looks like Business/Consumer is the same price. 30gb for £25 inc VAT
                  Last edited by chineseJohn; 18 May 2018, 09:19. Reason: prices

Comment

Working...
                  X