• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accounting recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounting recommendations

Hi there,

My Husband is an IT contractor and I've decided that it's best if i deal with business things now following some poor management on his part.

He is with an accounting company at the moment who take about £190 a month and do not do a thing so i'm looking to change following a big hit from HMRC regarding a business loan that the accountancy suggested to do over a large dividend payment...does this sound like the most tax efficient way?
    obviously this bill came and husband said the guy who advised didnt mention anything about paying it back within a financial year. anyway...

We basically need everything in a package that includes Self assessment completion. I've been looking at Nixon Williams, Crunch accounts and wondered what suggestions people have to get biggest take home.

Thanks

The annoyed wife

:-)

1) only use FreeAgent partner accountants.
    2) check the accountant recommendations sticky at the top of the thread.
    3) you shouldn’t need to pay more than £120/month, unless additional services such as business insurances are included.
    4) stay away from the really cheap ones as you’ll regret it in the long run.
    5) avoid NXW
    https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...-williams.html
    Last edited by rocketjet; 25 May 2018, 20:55.

Comment

If only we had a sticky on this exact topic..... Oh.. Hang on..
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Intouch

Hi,

Here at Intouch we can offer an all inclusive accountancy service for £105 plus VAT which includes self assessment.
        I would love to arrange a call to discuss in more detail? Private message me to arrange it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@Intouch View Post
          Hi,

Here at Intouch we can offer an all inclusive accountancy service for £105 plus VAT which includes self assessment.
          I would love to arrange a call to discuss in more detail? Private message me to arrange it.
          He asked for recommendations not a sales pitch [emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
            She asked for recommendations not a sales pitch [emoji3]
            FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
              FTFY
              Well done. Aren't accountants supposed to be detail-oriented?

Comment

Having a husband does not signify gender. [emoji6]

Comment

Although being a wife does. [emoji15]

Consider me suitably chastened.

Comment

Working...
                  X