• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why you need a written contract (and non-payment advice)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why you need a written contract (and non-payment advice)

Would never have agreed to half payment; full payment or court action.

OP, you might want to watch this.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

I was so impressed with this that I think it needs a sticky thread.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      I was so impressed with this that I think it needs a sticky thread.
      and a caveat about US laws, in particular California, being different to UK???

It was funny though and makes a very good point.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

The details of US law are not important (people ought to be researching this themselves - google 'Dunning') - it's the '***** you, pay me' attitude that is important, and that is so missing from many queries about non-payment.

Also look at:

Invoicing and taking payment from customers: Payment - obligations - GOV.UK

Late Payment Charges - What You Need To Know

How to Collect Debt | Atradius UK
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
        X