Pensions Regulator - auto enrollment - compliance letter Pensions Regulator - auto enrollment - compliance letter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    12

    Default Pensions Regulator - auto enrollment - compliance letter

    I'd like to ask for some advice

    My ltd company contracted from mid 16 through a less sucessful period from May 17 through to closure in early 2018.

    I'm currently on a FTC to Mar 19 and if I return to proper contracting, it would probably be via an umbrella for 'less hassle'.

    I read some of the forum posts about auto enrollment at the time and I thought the consensus was to ignore it. I had planned to arrange some pension provision, but things turned down before I got that sorted.

    Now, the ltd company is closed (or has a couple of weeks to go) and I have a pensions regulator compliance letter warning me I have missed a 31 may 18 deadline and to get my declaration in or get fined.

    Please may I ask for your advice

    There are no unhappy enployees and no money to pay any pensions contributions to schemes that have not been started.

    G

  2. #2

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    37,109

    Default

    It's not hard to work out what to do really is it?
    http://www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk/en/employers

    I'm sure the letter will tell you what to do as well.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  3. #3

    More fingers than teeth

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    17,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GDL View Post
    I'd like to ask for some advice

    My ltd company contracted from mid 16 through a less sucessful period from May 17 through to closure in early 2018.

    I'm currently on a FTC to Mar 19 and if I return to proper contracting, it would probably be via an umbrella for 'less hassle'.

    I read some of the forum posts about auto enrollment at the time and I thought the consensus was to ignore it. I had planned to arrange some pension provision, but things turned down before I got that sorted.

    Now, the ltd company is closed (or has a couple of weeks to go) and I have a pensions regulator compliance letter warning me I have missed a 31 may 18 deadline and to get my declaration in or get fined.

    Please may I ask for your advice

    There are no unhappy enployees and no money to pay any pensions contributions to schemes that have not been started.

    G
    What is the risk if you ignore it and complete company closure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  4. #4

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    12

    Default thanks for the contrasting advice

    from northernladuk, follow the law, recognise you didn't comply and pay whatever needed - a little bit of a challenge with the accountant almost gone as well.

    from old greg - carry out a risk assessment, consider that they may have a lot of people to chase and maybe just pay a fine

    I appreciate both poinths of view, but would also welcome comment from what people have actually chosen to do and any results.

    thanks again

    g

  5. #5

    More fingers than teeth

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    17,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GDL View Post
    from northernladuk, follow the law, recognise you didn't comply and pay whatever needed - a little bit of a challenge with the accountant almost gone as well.

    from old greg - carry out a risk assessment, consider that they may have a lot of people to chase and maybe just pay a fine

    I appreciate both poinths of view, but would also welcome comment from what people have actually chosen to do and any results.

    thanks again

    g
    But are they chasing you personally, or the legal entity that is your soon to be dissolved company?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  6. #6

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    12

    Default thanks old greg - soon to be dissolved company

    old Greg, were part way through the 3 months after submitting closure form - so relatively soon.

    I've also read that you only have to enrol if employee earnings over 10k - don't think that was the case in the final 12 months

    G

  7. #7

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    37,109

    Default

    Warning. Spoiler alert..

    You don't have any employees...

    Read the link I sent you.... Please...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  8. #8

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Warning. Spoiler alert..

    You don't have any employees...

    Read the link I sent you.... Please...
    NLUK, your view is appreciated

    But what have people actually done in this tough situation?

  9. #9

    More fingers than teeth

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    17,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrButton View Post
    NLUK, your view is appreciated

    But what have people actually done in this tough situation?
    Ideally there would be some kind of qualified professional who is typically engaged to advise on such matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    37,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Ideally there would be some kind of qualified professional who is typically engaged to advise on such matters.
    Or use that string of seemingly random numbers that is associated with the sender of the letter.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •