• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited Company BTL Mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited Company BTL Mortgage

Hi All,

Has anyone taken a BTL mortgage for a new limited company (SPV), where the deposit is coming through an inter-company loan from another existing limited company (with same director / shareholders)?

If yes, please let me know the names of the lenders who support this structure?

(I understand that Paragon are ok with this, but they have declined the specific property development I am looking to buy into, so searching for other options)

Many thanks.

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
    Hi All,

Has anyone taken a BTL mortgage for a new limited company (SPV), where the deposit is coming through an inter-company loan from another existing limited company (with same director / shareholders)?

(I understand that Paragon are ok with this, but they have declined the specific property development I am looking to buy into, so searching for other options)

Many thanks.
    Have you looked at Precise?

On the whole are you happy with the inter-co loan aspect? You know you can't MVL the loan provider co unless that loan is repaid first?

You might want to consider a structure in which a holding company owns the 2 companies. You can then pass dividends up through the holding co to the SPV.

Alternatively is there any way to personally loan the funds into the SPV? That way you'll start off with a big directors' loan owed to you, which means you can extract £ from the SPV tax free until that loan is repaid.

Comment

Hi All,

Many thanks.
      Have you spoken to your accountant and considered implications on S455?

Comment

Originally posted by Wijay@WISAccountancy View Post
        Could you shout over to Teejay to get him to like your post please?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's not director's loan, so S455 doesn't apply.

Comment

Originally posted by jmann View Post
            It's not director's loan, so S455 doesn't apply.
            Teejay, looks like your accountant isn't perfect after all.

I guess you are not going to highlight this error given that your opinions have been so biased/one-sided to date.

Comment

Have you spoke to your accountant about what s455 is?

It has nothing to do with intercompany loans.

I'm surprised by your elementary mistake. Teejay spoke so highly of you. Saying that, where is Teejay these days?

Comment

Hi All,

Many thanks.
                Why don't you google "buy to let mortgage broker spv company loan" and give a few a call.

Probably a safer option than asking a bunch of strangers on an internet forum that relates to IT consulting.

Last edited by JB3000; 21 June 2018, 20:44.

Comment

Oft, fail

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Could you shout over to Teejay to get him to like your post please?
                    Tee-jay and Wee-jay have gone very quite.

Is there an A-jay that can help? Or any other type of J.

Comment

Working...
                    X