• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE Membership - Standard vs Plus vs other insurance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Probably because beyond incorporating for the perceived fiscal advantages, they have no interest and are simply temps and disguised employees.
    Total nonsense. The reason I'm not in your club is because I get the same benefits elsewhere I don't believe that IPSE is relevant any more, if it ever was.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
      Total nonsense. The reason I'm not in your club is because I get the same benefits elsewhere I don't believe that IPSE is relevant any more, if it ever was.
      My club? You're overseas too are you? Look, you have an opinion, that is fine and dandy. Clearly, my opinion built over many years before I gave up on the UK contracting industry is different than yours. I would say that the more mature, more thinking person here is more likely to agree with my assessment. But that's OK, carry on until the legislative powers make what you are doing pointless.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Spot on. Ask yourself, whose interests come first? Yours or the "business confidential" relationships they indulge in in the name of the members but will not reveal the financial kick backs from such relationships. I'm afraid, since the PCG high point with Arctic Systems, that organisation has become nothing but a self serving gravy train. Snouts in the trough? Oh yes. (Disclosure - ex-long time member and critic).
        My club? You're overseas too are you? Look, you have an opinion, that is fine and dandy. Clearly, my opinion built over many years before I gave up on the UK contracting industry is different than yours. I would say that the more mature, more thinking person here is more likely to agree with my assessment. But that's OK, carry on until the legislative powers make what you are doing pointless.
        If you're referring to the first post above we're of the same opinion it seems.

Comment

If you're referring to the first post above we're of the same opinion it seems.
          OK, apologies if that's the case. Though I am mystified what "my club" is, not that it matters.

Comment

OK, apologies if that's the case. Though I am mystified what "my club" is, not that it matters.
            I was mistakenly thinking you were in the IPSE club.

Comment

Tried to convince another contractor on my previous gig that it was worth it for all the reasons above, discount cards easily cover the annual fee etc, and he wasn't having it....
              Turns out about 7 years ago he handed over £35k to HMRC after he was investigated because his 'local' accountant just told him to pay it, wasn't worth the fight.
              He ended up having to contract out in Saudi for 3 years to get the big tax free bucks to cover his costs.
              There is and always will be people who simply do not get it......
              Back to business!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Phelan View Post
                Tried to convince another contractor on my previous gig that it was worth it for all the reasons above, discount cards easily cover the annual fee etc, and he wasn't having it....
                Turns out about 7 years ago he handed over £35k to HMRC after he was investigated because his 'local' accountant just told him to pay it, wasn't worth the fight.
                He ended up having to contract out in Saudi for 3 years to get the big tax free bucks to cover his costs.
                There is and always will be people who simply do not get it......
                Whilst your anecdote is very interesting Phil you're missing the point.

I have insurance for IR35 and other tax investigations. I do get it. I just don't choose to be part of IPSE.
                Last edited by radish2008; 27 June 2018, 14:42. Reason: spelling

Comment

I was mistakenly thinking you were in the IPSE club.
                  Ah, I see. No. For the record, I gave up on UK contracting around two years ago. Both disillusioned, and can now earn more cash overseas. There is almost no demand for my skill set here any more. Luckily, this is a UK/European issue, not a world wide issue. I had been a long time PCG member and always had good things to say about them in the office. But since the rebranding to something entirely different (a failure that nobody will openly discuss) it has descended into a snouts in the trough, old boys/girls network. Dissenting voices are ignored or silenced and eventually, like me, have drifted away from PCG/the whole industry. Eventually, the whole deck of cards will tumble of course, but for now, the TPTB are fighting a rear guard action to safe guard their own gains above everything else in the face of a dying industry. Other views are available and just as valid etc..... Me, I just want others to wake up and see what is really going on.

Comment

Ah, I see. No. For the record, I gave up on UK contracting around two years ago. Both disillusioned, and can now earn more cash overseas. There is almost no demand for my skill set here any more. Luckily, this is a UK/European issue, not a world wide issue. I had been a long time PCG member and always had good things to say about them in the office. But since the rebranding to something entirely different (a failure that nobody will openly discuss) it has descended into a snouts in the trough, old boys/girls network. Dissenting voices are ignored or silenced and eventually, like me, have drifted away from PCG/the whole industry. Eventually, the whole deck of cards will tumble of course, but for now, the TPTB are fighting a rear guard action to safe guard their own gains above everything else in the face of a dying industry. Other views are available and just as valid

etc..... Me, I just want others to wake up and see what is really going on.
                    You keep spouting that bollocks. It's your opinion, no more no less. It has little basis in reality but if it makes you happy...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X