• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trying to decide between QDOS and SG Accounting...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to decide between QDOS and SG Accounting...

Hi,

I am trying to decide between QDOS and SG Accounting...

Anyone have any BAD experiences?

They both look to be very good. I am doing IT Management contracting - nothing overly fancy. Thanks!

Dave

QDOS get a decent rep on here. Haven’t seen SG mentioned at all.

Comment

SGs package is great, insurance plus 2nd shareholder accounts. Didn't realise qdos did accounting tbh.

Comment

Stilwell Gray, which is the firm behind the social media handle, SG, have been around a long time, and have a good reputation. I used to know someone there who looked after contractors, well over a decade ago, the impression I got was of a no nonsense traditional firm with a good understanding of the sector.

Qdos, different type of firm, but again, a1 reputation.

I think you’d be looked after by either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica@WhiteFieldTax View Post
          Stilwell Gray, which is the firm behind the social media handle, SG, have been around a long time, and have a good reputation. I used to know someone there who looked after contractors, well over a decade ago, the impression I got was of a no nonsense traditional firm with a good understanding of the sector.
          Thank you Jessica - that sounds like a good description of us at SG.

Comment

I use QDOS. No issues.

Comment

Originally posted by UKLonghorn View Post
              Hi,

I am trying to decide between QDOS and SG Accounting...

Anyone have any BAD experiences?

They both look to be very good. I am doing IT Management contracting - nothing overly fancy. Thanks!

Dave
              Out of the 2 you have decided to go for I would go for SG, just because you will get a Free Agent account with SG. This means you can easily move away from them in the future if you find out you made the wrong choice.

I believe the people behind SG also have setup another accountancy firm called Aardvark Accounting Ltd. I'm not sure why they would do this and what is the difference between the 2 accountancy firms but you can always ask them and see if they say anything sensible.

Qdos is probably the bigger name of the two although I don't think you will get a Free Agent account with these guys so thread carefully.

Comment

Working...
              X