• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Ended by Client, false info given to Agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Ended by Client, false info given to Agency

Hey guys,

I've just had my six month contract ended by my client, although mutual. In a nutshell,

Started February, due to a mix up in paperwork on my client's end and the nature of the work, I was sent home while this was sorted by them. I had only been paid for two weeks work at this point then the payments stopped.

I returned there on the 23rd April and still hadn't been paid. At this point the Project I was initially intended for was too far along for me to pick up, and so I was placed on another team. After much asking, I was eventually paid up-to-date in June.

Despite constantly asking, I was basically instructed to do administrative work for that project (which I did, as requested) until that finished at the end of June.

At that point the Project Manager agreed to release me to another project, and so I requested instructions from that Project Manager and was told 'yes yes we'll sort that out'.

As it happened, I was forced to take a days leave for personal reasons which I reported to several people immediately, and during that day I was given seven days notice to end the contract and then mutually agreed to end immediately.

I have no objection to the client doing that, but then they reported to my agency that my "deliverables were questionable" and that I basically went AWOL for the day.

This is absolutely not true, and they are now threatening to mark my 'record' with negative remarks as I haven't yet returned my pass-badges.

Is there any recourse available to me at this point? I am really upset about what they've told my Agency since (a) it's not true and (b) they didn't give me any deliverables!

Thanks

Originally posted by SamD View Post
    they are now threatening to mark my 'record' with negative remarks as I haven't yet returned my pass-badges
    Why are you holding onto your passes if you've left? Are you saying that's the only reason they're putting negative remarks on there?

As it happened, I was forced to take a days leave for personal reasons which I reported to several people immediately
    Were those several people the right people?
    Last edited by yMyjgT; 12 July 2018, 11:47.

Comment

Is there any recourse available to me at this point?
      No

I am really upset about what they've told my Agency
      tough

since (a) it's not true
      you have my sympathy but it's still tough

and (b) they didn't give me any deliverables!
      whilst that may be true don't shout about it

Thanks
      you're welcome
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by yMyjgT View Post
        Why are you holding onto your passes if you've left? Are you saying that's the only reason they're putting negative remarks on there?
        I'm not holding on to them, I was just off on the day the contract ended. They emailed my agency on the end-day with their remarks.

Comment

I'm not holding on to them, I was just off on the day the contract ended. They emailed my agency on the end-day with their remarks.
          If you return them asap, will that avoid the black mark your worried about?

Comment

Have you returned the pass now?

Was the decision to terminate immediately agreed on the day you took off, or was it the day before?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              No
              tough
              you have my sympathy but it's still tough
              whilst that may be true don't shout about it
              you're welcome
              Wow

Comment

Just give your version of events to the agency (who won't really care) if it makes you feel better; they'll still place you elsewhere because they don't care about the client you've just left aside from getting money from them.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Have you returned the pass now?

If you knew it was the last day of the contract and you were off that day, why didn't you hand the pass in the day before?
                  Hi, I'm about to. I didn't know the last day of contract was going to be that day

Comment

Originally posted by yMyjgT View Post
                    Were those several people the right people?
                    - yes they were.

Comment

Working...
                    X