• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

informing council of change in circumstance self employed or employed if ltd company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

informing council of change in circumstance self employed or employed if ltd company

Hi I have to inform my local council of my change in circumstance for benefit i received when i was off work for few months. But i am now working and started a limited company rather than use umbrella company. When completing the online change in circumstance form its asking me weather I am
    self employed or employed
    not sure which option to chose

any ideas

6 and a half seconds on Google and....

https://www.gov.uk/employment-status...yed-contractor

Who do you think you are employed by?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 19 July 2018, 23:08.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      6 and a half seconds on Google and....

https://www.gov.uk/employment-status...yed-contractor

Who do you think you are employed by?
      Thanks you

Comment

You’re neither. You are a company director. If you had to pick one I’d go with employed.

Comment

Originally posted by abu1 View Post
          Hi I have to inform my local council of my change in circumstance for benefit i received when i was off work for few months. But i am now working and started a limited company rather than use umbrella company. When completing the online change in circumstance form its asking me weather I am
          self employed or employed
          not sure which option to chose

any ideas
          Ring them up and ask them?
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I always choose 'employee' in all forms I need to fill in.
            I am an office holder (director), but the company also pays me a monthly salary, for work other than running the business, which is taxed according to the law.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Ring them up and ask them?
              Sorry, that only takes two minutes. He'd rather spend five minutes posting the question and half an hour reading the 67 comments in the debate that is going to follow his question.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                Sorry, that only takes two minutes. He'd rather spend five minutes posting the question and half an hour reading the 67 comments in the debate that is going to follow his question.
                2 minutes to ring the council? You've not done that for a while have you?
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                  You’re neither. You are a company director. If you had to pick one I’d go with employed.
                  ditto.

Self-employed usually means something different when it comes to benefits. Although council's may have different rules, but in general company directors class as employees (rightly or wrongly, and the usual caveats, and NLUK's link not-withstanding).
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    ditto.

Self-employed usually means something different when it comes to benefits. Although council's may have different rules, but in general company directors class as employees (rightly or wrongly, and the usual caveats, and NLUK's link not-withstanding).

Thank you all

Comment

Working...
                    X