• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile phone query

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RyanDS View Post
    I picked up a sim only from EE 3 weeks ago. 40 gig data, free BT sport and EU roaming for £14+vat a month which I can't complain about.
    Is it EE for Business and do you mind posting the link, if that is allowed here, sorry I am newbie like yourself. All the best

Comment

Originally posted by TechRiskPartners View Post
      Hi

I am starting so objective is to keep the cost down as much as I can.

Looking for a mobile deal - Sim-only, Partner got a 8 months old iPhone 6s from preivous employe @£84 which she was using, very diligent user.

So SIM only should cover Client calls, usual data and Roaming (as my gigs are looking in NL, Germany and UAE to start with). Good data pack as may need to use hotspot while at Clients temporarily (hassle going through their network may be time consuming most times). So any recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks
      How much research have you put in yourself. Did you find any decent deals while you were looking?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hi

I am starting so objective is to keep the cost down as much as I can.

Looking for a mobile deal - Sim-only, Partner got a 8 months old iPhone 6s from preivous employe @£84 which she was using, very diligent user.

So SIM only should cover Client calls, usual data and Roaming (as my gigs are looking in NL, Germany and UAE to start with). Good data pack as may need to use hotspot while at Clients temporarily (hassle going through their network may be time consuming most times). So any recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks
        AFAIK, nobody does free roaming in UAE so if it's important then you need to look at what each provider charges to use your phone there. 3 has unlimited data, calls and texts for about £16 + VAT, probably with the most countries included. But they charge £3 a minute for a call to the UK, whereas Vodafone will charge £6 a day and use your inclusive minutes and data. No idea what any of the other companies charge.
        I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          How much research have you put in yourself. Did you find any decent deals while you were looking?
          Less than I did, I suspect
          I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
            AFAIK, nobody does free roaming in UAE so if it's important then you need to look at what each provider charges to use your phone there. 3 has unlimited data, calls and texts for about £16 + VAT, probably with the most countries included. But they charge £3 a minute for a call to the UK, whereas Vodafone will charge £6 a day and use your inclusive minutes and data. No idea what any of the other companies charge.
            Thanks really helpful. Really appreciate

Comment

Still in full-time role and talking to potential Clients, so really haven't put any time. Idea is to understand top 2-3 options people like me using and then go for 1 quickly. £5 per month savings is not that I am looking to spend more than 5 mins, doesn't worth it. What connection do you use?

Comment

Still in full-time role and talking to potential Clients, so really haven't put any time. Idea is to understand top 2-3 options people like me using and then go for 1 quickly. £5 per month savings is not that I am looking to spend more than 5 mins, doesn't worth it. What connection do you use?
                When you start putting a bit of your own leg work in rather than expecting everyone else to do it for you I might tell you.

Researching a phone plan is hardly rocket science.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 21 May 2019, 12:35.

Comment

When you start putting a bit of your own leg work in rather than expecting everyone else to do it for you I might tell you.

There's a reason why people ask you simple questions.

Comment

Thanks for the kick, picked up the phone to my employer VF helpdesk, a £15 / month Family & Friends offer on the way with roaming for 77 countries included and UAE is not in the pack, I will have to sort that out, but its going to be only 2 day/month as agreed, so happy to see if I can expense the actual back to Client. 1 problem solved at a time. Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the kick, picked up the phone to my employer VF helpdesk, a £15 / month Family & Friends offer on the way with roaming for 77 countries included and UAE is not in the pack, I will have to sort that out, but its going to be only 2 day/month as agreed, so happy to see if I can expense the actual back to Client. 1 problem solved at a time. Thanks
                      You think your client is going to pay for your phone contract?

Comment

Working...
                      X