• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That time of year again - IPSE+ or QDOS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Seb said, 100%
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Contractor View Post
      I think if you're looking to compare the two the important question is what you're looking for in the first place - not just in terms of the initial product but also its practical application.
      Primary requirement is tax investigation cover - which both options provide. Minor things that come with IPSE+ like client bankruptcy, jury service, 3 week illness cover, life assurance are a bonus. Other stuff is ... meh.

For me and what I want, the two products are comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
        Primary requirement is tax investigation cover - which both options provide. Minor things that come with IPSE+ like client bankruptcy, jury service, 3 week illness cover, life assurance are a bonus. Other stuff is ... meh.

For me and what I want, the two products are comparable.
        They aren't, other than from your fairly narrow perspective, as has been explained. But consider that IPSE's "minor" things are worth around £500+ a year on the open market and are regularly claimed by members.

Like any insurance, it is of no value until you need it.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Like any insurance, it is of no value until you need it.
          Indeed ! "Expensive" if you don't need it, cheap if you do...

Comment

I appreciate that many members do join "just" for the insurance, but IPSE is, and is proud to be, a membership and member led organisation. Members have the opportunity to get involved and make a real difference - any member can put themselves forward for the CC (Consultative Council) or even stand for the board. If you look on IPSE as your organisation, rather than just a service provider, you may feel more involved.

Comment

Bringing this to a close - I decided to renew IPSE+

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
                Bringing this to a close - I decided to renew IPSE+
                [Seb]Noooooooooo [/Seb]
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  [Seb]Noooooooooo [/Seb]
                  It's okay, I still use QDOS for insurance (although ... it's renewal time for that also, and I'm going to get a quote from Direct Line, just to check!)

Comment

That time of year again ... AGAIN

Time sure flies. Just received renewal notices from QDOS & IPSE...

Giving serious consideration to just going with QDOS this time, and adding tax enquiry insurance/jury service & legal protection onto current PI/PL insurance.

I've used the IPSE perks a bit (to get John Lewis/PC World vouchers), but have an alternative source for those if needed. I've got life insurance/income protection in place, so no need for the small cover amounts IPSE offers. Expecting no agency payment issues for a least the next 6-7 months ...

Think I'm good to go #fullqdos

Comment

I too am considering going full Qdos. Currently have a mix of Caunce O'Hara and IPSE the former ends this month, the latter in November. Currently looking at whether to stay with Caunce for some and pick up the bits I'll lose from IPSE with Qdos.

Comment

Working...
                      X