• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That time of year again - IPSE+ or QDOS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not pulled the trigger yet on renewing (with anyone!).

Started to think who else would offer the products/services I'm looking for from either IPSE/QDOS ... and found the FSB website - not the Russian lot

FSB Business Essentials seems a reasonable option - anyone have this or looked at it ??

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
      FSB Business Essentials seems a reasonable option - anyone have this or looked at it ??
      Read some posts/reviews on FSB Insurance, and not convinced about their support from the moment the brown envelope arrives ...

Think it will soon be coin flip time between IPSE & QDOS

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
        Read some posts/reviews on FSB Insurance, and not convinced about their support from the moment the brown envelope arrives ...

Think it will soon be coin flip time between IPSE & QDOS
        Can I provide the coin?

Seb
        Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Contractor View Post
          Can I provide the coin?

Seb
          Where you going to get that from? I heard you even pay for your Starbucks with a fifty pound note nowadays.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            I am SOOO bored of this constant tulipe from you. The constant dancing around trying to score a winning point by obfuscation and bloody-minded blah-blah-blah. Just **** off. I'm done.
            The "ignore list" is your best friend in that regard. Unfortunately, you do still get to see quoted text you'd rather not see.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              The best thing about the IPSE forums is the 'friendly' rating
              Hmmm. Assuming that there may have been a change of heart underlying this comment, that I find a little refreshing. In that along with the words "military intelligence", the words "IPSE, friendly and forum" are somewhat oxymoronic?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                Hmmm. Assuming that there may have been a change of heart underlying this comment, that I find a little refreshing. In that along with the words "military intelligence", the words "IPSE, friendly and forum" are somewhat oxymoronic?
                Sarcastagging has long been an endearing feature of the IPSE forums. "Informative" when someone spouts drivel. "Useful" when someone makes the most pointless post. And "friendly" when someone gets into a forum spat.

Actually their forums are pretty friendly, if a tad quiet at present...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Sarcastagging has long been an endearing feature of the IPSE forums. "Informative" when someone spouts drivel. "Useful" when someone makes the most pointless post. And "friendly" when someone gets into a forum spat.

Actually their forums are pretty friendly, if a tad quiet at present...
                  Thanks for the response, appreciated. Though I gave up on them quite some time ago, I concluded that they (forums) were anything but friendly. Particularly, when trying to influence things (for the greater good) the only two responses that I received were (from TPB) to circle the wagons in a joint defence or to say the information I wanted to learn from was confidential. Ah - I forgot, the third response was to threaten a ban. So, if the place is (still) quiet, it's only TPB who are to blame. I guess some things simply aren't going to change.

Edited to add - I just remembered the fourth response, deletion of posts from the forum.

Comment

IPSE have just posted their Financial Statements. Results show another substantial depletion of Members' Funds. IPSE-US funded to the tune of £180k out of UK Members' money. Go figure...
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Finally made a decision and went .... #fullqdos
                      See you in a year

Comment

Working...
                      X