• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That time of year again - IPSE+ or QDOS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
    The fact that you have to try and find concrete reasons, and it's not a completely obvious no-brainer, just reinforces my view that it's not really applicable to most "traditional" contractors any more, and will become considerably less relevant to them after April 2020.
    Define "Traditional". You and me, perhaps, doing office-based work for a serial clients for 3 to 36 months at a time, adding skills and expertise to a limited requirement?

The world has moved on. The independent workforce is no longer the preserve of the knowledge economy, it's 40% of the total workforce and generates billions of pounds for UK's GDP. IPSE have recognised that, it seems, and are moving with it. Too many "traditional" contractors haven't, and are still thinking the old ways still apply. They don't, and if you don't move with the times then 2020 will indeed be a watershed.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Define "Traditional". You and me, perhaps, doing office-based work for a serial clients for 3 to 36 months at a time, adding skills and expertise to a limited requirement?

The world has moved on. The independent workforce is no longer the preserve of the knowledge economy, it's 40% of the total workforce and generates billions of pounds for UK's GDP. IPSE have recognised that, it seems, and are moving with it. Too many "traditional" contractors haven't, and are still thinking the old ways still apply. They don't, and if you don't move with the times then 2020 will indeed be a watershed.
      Traditional as in 80% of the current membership like you and me (till a few weeks ago)

Ipse represents “ future “ not traditional members now as you say, who mostly don’t/won’t join ipse anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Traditional as in 80% of the current membership like you and me (till a few weeks ago)

Ipse represents “ future “ not traditional members now as you say, who mostly don’t/won’t join ipse anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        Except they are joining. Look at who is on the MF...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

No. No they're not. As you know, I have seen the numbers and they are not good.

And as for the members forum. Ha!

Now, off you pop. There's a good chap.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

And as for the members forum. Ha!

Now, off you pop. There's a good chap.
            Funny that. The MF contains two "traditional" contractors, the rest of them are the dreaded freelances of various flavours. Wonder where they found them, since the MF has to be drawn from the membership...

And FTAOD, I don't think the MF is working as advertised either, but that is rather besides the point.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Funny that. The MF contains two "traditional" contractors, the rest of them are the dreaded freelances of various flavours. Wonder where they found them, since the MF has to be drawn from the membership...
              There have always been a variety of non-IT contracting members. You know this, so I can only assume that you are being deliberately obtuse. My point is the net inflow of members is negative. These shiny, new make-up vlogers and part-time waiters cannot make up for the traditional IT and engineering contractors that are retiring and/or leaving in their droves.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

There have always been a variety of non-IT contracting members. You know this, so I can only assume that you are being deliberately obtuse. My point is the net inflow of members is negative. These shiny, new make-up vlogers and part-time waiters cannot make up for the traditional IT and engineering contractors that are retiring and/or leaving in their droves.
                No it can't. But i struggle to make that a reason for telling people that its not worth joining IPSE...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

The MF contains two "traditional" contractors, the rest of them are the dreaded freelances of various flavours. Wonder where they found them, since the MF has to be drawn from the membership...
                  No it can't. But i struggle to make that a reason for telling people that its not worth joining IPSE...
                  I am SOOO bored of this constant tulipe from you. The constant dancing around trying to score a winning point by obfuscation and bloody-minded blah-blah-blah. Just **** off. I'm done.
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Just **** off. I'm done.
                    The best thing about the IPSE forums is the 'friendly' rating

Comment

Any idea what the reasons are that does make it worth joining IPSE?
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X