• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That time of year again - IPSE+ or QDOS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That time of year again - IPSE+ or QDOS

I remember doing this last year - deciding whether to renew IPSE+ or go with QDOS (whom I have PI/PL insurance with).

Prices are similar - I can get QDOS including TLC35 for a few quid cheaper that IPSE+ currently (I'm including the jury service option with QDOS, as that's part of IPSE+).

Things that QDOS doesn't include (that I'm slightly interested in) is client/agency bankruptcy cover & ill/injury cover (for 3 weeks).
    QDOS price does include TLC35 payout cover (not sure I'd need to claim, but you never know!).

No doubt I'll dither for a few more days before renewing IPSE+ !
    IPSE+
    38.46%
    QDOS
    7.69%
    Both
    53.85%
    None
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

It's been discussed many many times..

Here you go..

https://www.bing.com/search?q=IPSE+Q...AC&adlt=strict
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      It's been discussed many many times..

Here you go..

https://www.bing.com/search?q=IPSE+Q...AC&adlt=strict
      Yep, I read several previous posts on this prior to posting and am still no further forward - seems a bit of a coin flip. Hence why I'll probably 'do nothing' and just renew IPSE+...

Comment

Both for me - I treat QDOS as the full, "real deal" insurance product.

I pay for IPSE+ to give a little more piece of mind and to also support the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

I pay for IPSE+ to give a little more piece of mind and to also support the cause.
          Same and I'll make the IPSE+ membership back through the rewards discounts, particular B&Q while having a garage built

Comment

IPSE+ repays your contributions several times over just with the £5k payout on offer if you kick the bucket while your membership is active. Granted, you don't see the benefit!

I don't see the point of QDOS' TLC35 insurance. They will only insure a contract because they don't expect it to be challenged and will refuse to cover a dodgy one.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

Who would you contact first if you get an HMRC investigation ? Assume QDOS...

Not sure I've seen much output from IPSE as a cause worth supporting.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I don't see the point of QDOS' TLC35 insurance. They will only insure a contract because they don't expect it to be challenged and will refuse to cover a dodgy one.
                I think this is where I'm at after reading previous posts. So if I scrub off TLC35 insurance, I don't see any benefit in getting QDOS tax enquiry insurance over IPSE+, hence I'll probably just renew IPSE+.

Comment

You don't have to send them the contracts any more. I don't think (hope!)

Comment

Wouldn't they insist on a review first before they insure it so they (and you) don't get lumped with a dodgy one. I've a feeling in a post somewhere someone said they would insure without a review which kinda got my goat at the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X