Company Credit Cards Company Credit Cards - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Posts 131 to 138 of 138

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by FMCG View Post
    Mine still worked yesterday. So another 10K+ accrued.

Missed the changeover/sign up deadline ie ignored it. Suspect that come the 31st that the old card will cease to benefit me.
    I also didnt bother applying yet - however a new Visa card arrived in the post on Friday. I have not bothered to activate it yet - i will attempt to make one more payment in the next 2 days and hope it works.

TykeLike

Just got a “you’ve been pre-approved” for a business CoT card.

Are they any worth anymore or do I just bin?
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Just got a “you’ve been pre-approved” for a business CoT card.

Are they any worth anymore or do I just bin?
    If you collect Avios they have a good opening offer. Check out Head For Points for the details. Cash in the Avios and close the account after if you wish.

I am still using mine as it's still a good back up for luddite companies that don't take Amex.

I think until about now (or next week) you could use Curve to pay HMRC onto your CoT card after which they too will charge you.

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    I think until about now (or next week) you could use Curve to pay HMRC onto your CoT card after which they too will charge you.
    Good old Curve, still messing up. Last week I got a double charge when using it to pay HMRC. Still waiting for it to be refunded

I think I'm done with using Curve now. I did the sums and their fee to make HMRC payments doesn't offset the credit card rewards enough to make it worth the hassle. Well, until they start supporting AMEX again

TykeLike

Current Idea;

Signed up to a business Paypal account, with that you can get issued a MasterCard debit card, link my corporate AMEX and pay HMRC with the Paypal card.

Will let you know if it works

Business Debit Card - Mastercard for Business | PayPal UK
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Fingers like lightning

Current Idea;

Signed up to a business Paypal account, with that you can get issued a MasterCard debit card, link my corporate AMEX and pay HMRC with the Paypal card.

Will let you know if it works

Business Debit Card - Mastercard for Business | PayPal UK
    Be interesting to see if it works out. It works okay for personal accounts (i.e. secondary funding from a credit card), but the business PayPal t&cs do not mention funding from a CC:

FAQs:
    The card will first use your available PayPal balance and pull additional funds, rounded to the nearest multiple of £5, from your designated secondary funding source, current account or bank debit card, to complete the transaction.
    T&Cs:
    If you enable automatic top up, to the extent that there is no or insufficient balance available in your PayPal account to cover a Card transaction (and any transaction fees payable to us), we may automatically use your bank account or debit card as the funding source to obtain sufficient balance in accordance with the terms of the PayPal User Agreement. The amount drawn from your bank account or via your debit card and added to the balance of your PayPal account will be in GBP and will be rounded up to the nearest multiple of GBP 5.

An example: If you do not have any PayPal balance, but would like to pay GBP 26.50 to a merchant, an amount of GBP 30 will be drawn from your bank account and credited in your PayPal account. GBP 26.50 will be used for the Card payment. You can spend the remaining PayPal balance of GBP 3.50 on other purchases.

We will prioritise the pre-existing balance in your PayPal account for a payment with PayPal and only draw an amount from your bank account or via your debit card where the balance is insufficient.

If you:

• do not enable automatic top up;
    • disable automatic top up; or
    • remove your linked bank account or debit card from your PayPal account,

you will not be able to use automatic top up to obtain sufficient balance in your PayPal account to fund your Card transaction in the event that the pre-existing balance in your PayPal account is insufficient. Any Card transaction that exceeds the balance in your PayPal account will be declined.

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
    Be interesting to see if it works out. It works okay for personal accounts (i.e. secondary funding from a credit card), but the business PayPal t&cs do not mention funding from a CC:

FAQs:

T&Cs:
    I've linked my Amex card to my business paypal with no problems, I've then removed my bank account leaving only the credit card.

Will have to wait for the debit card to be sent before I can try it out

― Marcus Aurelius

Fingers like lightning

I've linked my Amex card to my business paypal with no problems, I've then removed my bank account leaving only the credit card.

Will have to wait for the debit card to be sent before I can try it out

Fingers crossed