• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Credit Cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gizzmo View Post
    Premium account - £249 annual fee - 1 Avios per £1 spent plus 20k bonus Avios for spending 5k in the first 3 months.
    Damn it - just paid my corp tax bill !
    Oh well, VAT bill is due in a few months ...

Edit: Can't see where it says anything about being a debit card ... looks like a credit card to me, which would incur additional fees when paying HMRC I believe ?!
    Last edited by Spoiler; 23 May 2019, 13:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post

Edit: Can't see where it says anything about being a debit card ... looks like a credit card to me, which would incur additional fees when paying HMRC I believe ?!
      I can confirm i have successfully used it at least 5 times as a debit card on the HMRC website and it has gone through with no issues. I pay VAT monthly as i am on the Annual VAT scheme. There is more information about this on the Head for points website also.

Earn Avios with two Capital on Tap small business Mastercards

Comment

I've got this card. I can confirm HMRC will accept it for payment. Used it for CT and my last pre-MTD VAT bill. Plus day to day stuff in backward places that don't take Amex.

Annual fee I'm paying is £199 which, for interest free lending, is fair enough.

Comment

No fees charged. Select the debit MasterCard option when on the HMRC site and it goes through a dream

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            No fees charged. Select the debit MasterCard option when on the HMRC site and it goes through a dream
            Thanks for the confirmation - think I might go for it !

Comment

One question on paying HMRC (or any other bill for that matter) - is there a limit on a single transaction amount ?

I hit a problem with Starling recently having a max debit card transaction limit of £10,000, so couldn't pay my corp tax bill with it (well, Starling said to put through multiple transactions), so to pay it off I went the direct debit route this time.

Comment

I don't think so. You'd be limited by the credit limit they give more than anything. However, if that happens, simply split the payment up. Debit card settling of your account clears same day (they don't accept faster payments) and will typically result in cleared funds available to spend within a hour.

Comment

One question on paying HMRC (or any other bill for that matter) - is there a limit on a single transaction amount ?

I hit a problem with Starling recently having a max debit card transaction limit of £10,000, so couldn't pay my corp tax bill with it (well, Starling said to put through multiple transactions), so to pay it off I went the direct debit route this time.
                  I don't think there is a limit imposed by HMRC - but it will depend on what limit you are given on the card. However with CaponTap you can pay it off immediately and then make another payment the next day so you might still have to split a large payment into a few transactions but as long as you quote the right reference it all gets applied to your CT or VAT account with no issues. Best just not to leave it to the very last day so you have a couple of days to free up the card balance and then use it again.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I don't think so. You'd be limited by the credit limit they give more than anything. However, if that happens, simply split the payment up. Debit card settling of your account clears same day (they don't accept faster payments) and will typically result in cleared funds available to spend within a hour.
                    Got it, thanks ! Will see what limit they give me ;-)

Comment

..or you just get the Curve card which is free.

Comment

Working...
                      X