• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Credit Cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useful thread and information share

Never paid VAT or CT via credit/charge/debit card.

Interested in the "CoT" @£249/annum.

Could someone kindly indicate the "fee" that HMRC charge for paying both
    • VAT
    • CT

using the CoT card please.

PS - expecting the answer to be zero but wanted to check/confirm before signing up for this card (read it as a Debit Card wrt HMRC interpretation).
    Last edited by FMCG; 9 June 2019, 09:32.

Comment

Originally posted by FMCG View Post
      Useful thread and information share

Never paid VAT or CT via credit/charge/debit card.

Interested in the "CoT" @£249/annum.

Could someone kindly indicate the "fee" that HMRC charge for paying both
      • VAT
      • CT

using the CoT card please.

PS - expecting the answer to be zero but wanted to check/confirm before signing up for this card (read it as a Debit Card wrt HMRC interpretation).
      No fee charged by HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        No fee charged by HMRC
        Thanks - you also linked to the SPG/Amex a couple of pages back. Do I need to put you down as referral? (Have almost a million SPG points and apply/use of this card will take me over).

Suspect that "gonna" link Gizzmo as referral when take out CoT.

Will apply in late July for the cards to coincide with "my LTD CO" VAT and CT windows.

Really pleased to have stumbled across this thread, as have established today, that have approx 223,000 Avios points which I had neglected.

Comment

My amex referral link should still work fine if that's what you want. Mine is for the Gold Business card, but if you want the SPG card I think someone else had a link that defaulted to that. PM me if the link doesn't work and I'll regenerate it for you

Comment

Using Amex Gold charge card. Thanks. However I am looking for additional Mastercard / Visa where Amex is not accepted plus which covers me for Europe expenses too. Looking for basic card with rewards. What others use? As stated earlier, I have big expenses per month (month 1 already clocked over £3.5K on Amex Gold and another £800+ on personal Barclaycard Travel platinum which gives 0.5% cashback. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Company Credit Cards

I did some google-ing (as I would expect the comments will be in such order) and found Santander Business Banking Credit Card - no fees, 1% cashback and no foreign trx fees. Any experiences? Any other recommendations? Thanks

PS - £30 annual fees

Comment

Originally posted by TechRiskPartners View Post
                Using Amex Gold charge card. Thanks. However I am looking for additional Mastercard / Visa where Amex is not accepted plus which covers me for Europe expenses too. Looking for basic card with rewards. What others use? As stated earlier, I have big expenses per month (month 1 already clocked over £3.5K on Amex Gold and another £800+ on personal Barclaycard Travel platinum which gives 0.5% cashback. Thanks

I use my Capital on Tap card for establishments that are not civilised enough to accept Amex. No experience of Santander card. I gave up on that outfit years ago as their customer service was appalling. It may have improved but I have no intention of finding out.

Comment

Originally posted by FMCG View Post

Suspect that "gonna" link Gizzmo as referral when take out CoT.
                  Hey - Thanks - i saw 2 referrals come in - so i suppose one might have been from you? Sorry i've been buried in a project firedrill so havent been online much here or would have thanked you sooner.

Comment

Could someone please confirm if the Capital on Tap and AMEX gold charge card will be charged any fees when paying VAT, Corporate Tax through HMRC?

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
                      Could someone please confirm if the Capital on Tap and AMEX gold charge card will be charged any fees when paying VAT, Corporate Tax through HMRC?
                      The Fees for Payment of Taxes, etc. by Credit Card (Amendment) Regulations 2017
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X