• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Credit Cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryten22uk View Post
    ..or you just get the Curve card which is free.
    Initial Annual Curve limits are tiny - until you build them up - so paying 30k plus to HMRC is not generally possible. I too have a Curve card - which i have linked to personal Virgin Atlantic card - and use that to pay my personal taxes, and get Virgin miles as part of that.

Also with Curve, you won't get any Avios. Zone 1 return flights are 9,000 Avios plus taxes. Thats quite a few free flights for just paying your tax bill.
    Or helps those who also have BA Amex cards to build up miles to use towards their companion vouchers.

Comment

..or you just get the Curve card which is free.
      They don't list HMRC as one of their cash back 'retailers' so not much benefit for me

Comment

Originally posted by gizzmo View Post
        Initial Annual Curve limits are tiny - until you build them up - so paying 30k plus to HMRC is not generally possible. I too have a Curve card - which i have linked to personal Virgin Atlantic card - and use that to pay my personal taxes, and get Virgin miles as part of that.
        Only takes a few months to get the limits up. Mine is £100k now, but ideally need more.

Originally posted by gizzmo View Post
        Also with Curve, you won't get any Avios.
        Yes you can. You could link it to a Tesco card, or an HSBC Premier card, both of which can transfer to Avios. But in general Avios is a terrible currency to bank your points. Much better airline schemes out there; and I say this as a BA Gold card holder with 20 years of avid points-tart history!

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
        They don't list HMRC as one of their cash back 'retailers' so not much benefit for me
        Not sure if you were serious or not but cashback isnt the point of Curve. The point of Curve is the points/cashback earned is via your main Mastercard/Visa to which it links. HMRC is the only place I use Curve, and I distribute the earnings to whichever scheme I'm favouring at the time.

Comment

. You could link it to a Tesco card, or an HSBC Premier card, both of which can transfer to Avios.
          Are they company credit cards?? Thought this thread was about Company credit cards?
          Last edited by gizzmo; 24 May 2019, 15:40.

Comment

Not sure if you were serious or not but cashback isnt the point of Curve. The point of Curve is the points/cashback earned is via your main Mastercard/Visa to which it links. HMRC is the only place I use Curve, and I distribute the earnings to whichever scheme I'm favouring at the time.
            I wasn't being serious, but now you have me thinking ...

So, I want to pay my Ltd's VAT or Corp tax bill.
            I can pay by debit or corporate credit card (can't pay with a personal credit card) - I'm assuming the debit card has to be for the Ltd's account, not a personal one also ?

So, I get a Business Curve card and link that to whatever my current favourite personal points/cashback credit card is.
            Then pay the Ltd's Corp tax bill with myCo's Curve card, which goes onto my personal credit card.
            I then have to expense that to the company...

And as the Curve card is not directly linked to any Ltd's accounts, etc. I can spend personally on it also (linked to a personal card)

Sounds a bit like that other personal card from a few years back - Supercard was it ?? That one ceased - hope this goes better !
            Last edited by Spoiler; 25 May 2019, 18:34.

Comment

You can pay your company taxes with a personal debit/credit card. Doesnt have to be a company one.

Comment

Have been looking at options this morning trying to work out which is the best route to generate rewards from expenditure - mainly paying taxes to HMRC (company & personal).

Curve looks the best option, fronting a personal Virgin Atlantic Reward+ credit card.
                Started looking at Amex, but then remembered that Curve won't work with Amex currently!
                Nothing decent out there for company credit cards with rewards that aren't Amex.
                Options for other personal rewards CC look a little 'thin' (cashbacks i.e. M&S, John Lewis).
                Only issue here is, I'd have to apply for another personal credit card, and potentially impact my credit score - and being an apple fanboy I'll probably want the Apple CC when it's launched later this year

Edit: Looking at the Virgin Atlantic Reward+ CC, I don't think it would be that great for me personally (apart from the initial 30,000 miles signup bonus). As I am an infrequent flier, and with no Virgin Flying Club status, the rewards are limited I believe.

And/Or ... get a Capital on Tap company Mastercard.
                Won't impact personal credit score.
                Can earn Avios points, looks like a little lower value than the Virgin miles rewards ?
                Can only use it for company tax bills.
                Last edited by Spoiler; 28 May 2019, 14:53.

Comment

Why not get both Curve and CoT? Use the former for personal tax and the latter for company tax. The Curve card is, at least in the short term, going to struggle to provide enough limit to do it all. It will also help diversify your points.

On the credit score, unless you've already got loads of cards with tons of credit, I'm not sure taking out another personal card is going to impact it that much? In fact if you use it regularly, you'll improve your score.

If u need a Curve referral code, then sign up with my code 94TH5 to get £5.

Comment

Having today transferred the Avios I have earned paying my CT bill using CoT, I can confirm the transfer is near as dammit instant. Avios were in my BAEC account within 15 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Having today transferred the Avios I have earned paying my CT bill using CoT, I can confirm the transfer is near as dammit instant. Avios were in my BAEC account within 15 mins.
                      Just got my 20k bonus and transferred it. It was in my BAEC account in under 1 min. Very impressive.

Comment

Working...
                      X