• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Credit Cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I don’t think they are accepting new CoT applications.

I think the only way to get anything back at the moment is with PayPal 0.5% cash back
    Where did you hear that? They're changing from being a MasterCard debit card to a Visa Credit Card from end of October. AFAIK any new accounts will be Visa

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Where did you hear that? They're changing from being a MasterCard debit card to a Visa Credit Card from end of October. AFAIK any new accounts will be Visa
      I spoke to CoT and you are correct, also there is no release date for the mastercard to visa switch.

Do HMRC not accept any business credit card Mastercard or visa, but the Curve card acts as a debit card so you could collect points on curve and and CoT?
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
        Do HMRC not accept any business credit card Mastercard or visa, but the Curve card acts as a debit card so you could collect points on curve and and CoT?
        Erm, HMRC do accept business credit cards. It's just that the fee they charge would outweigh the value of any points gained from doing so.

If you are using Curve, then it is free and you get the points of the card you link to it. But you don't have to use the new CoT visa card though, you can use any points earning MasterCard/visa. Note that when you pay HMRC using a curve card, it is curve that are paying your tax bill, not the card you link to curve. The linked card (i.e. CoT) simply reimburses curve. Not that any of that makes any difference, it's just fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Yeah sorry my bad, I knew something had happened which diminishes it's value
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Ploptimus View Post
            I noticed while on the tube today Paypal are advertising their Mastercard Debit with 0.5% cashback which may be useful for paying VAT/CT once the CoT one switches.

Business Debit Card - Mastercard for Business | PayPal UK
            Going for this route, if I link MyCo's Amex to MyCo's paypal account it might give me cashback and avios, will let you know if it works

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Going for this route, if I link MyCo's Amex to MyCo's paypal account it might give me cashback and avios, will let you know if it works
              Would be interested to know what happens in practice, but the T&C's at least state that PayPal funds to cover the debit card spend have to come from a bank account. No mention of funding from credit cards.

Comment

Originally posted by kryten22uk View Post
                Would be interested to know what happens in practice, but the T&C's at least state that PayPal funds to cover the debit card spend have to come from a bank account. No mention of funding from credit cards.
                I already had a paypal account in MyCo's name linked to my bank account, I've signed up for the debit card, will add the amex as a payment method once approved and try removing the bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                  I spoke to CoT and you are correct, also there is no release date for the mastercard to visa switch.

That's interesting, the email they sent a few weeks or so ago said end of October.

Comment

Originally posted by kryten22uk View Post
                    Erm, HMRC do accept business credit cards. It's just that the fee they charge would outweigh the value of any points gained from doing so.
                    Agreed. It's the fees that negate the benefit. There's no issue with using a business credit card

Comment

I have a CC at the moment as the current contract includes international travel. I expect I'll get rid of it again when the contract ends. There's no real benefit that I see.

Comment

Working...
                      X