• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Credit Cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    That's interesting, the email they sent a few weeks or so ago said end of October.
    I got the same email so paid off my CT this month with it.

Comment

For thems looking to get the Capital On Tap card to earn Avios on fee-free HMRC payments, you may be disappointed to learn that "due to Brexit" they are changing the card to a Visa Credit Card from 31 October. This means that payments to HMRC will now incur fees.

New applicants will receive a Visa credit card. Existing account holders can use their Mastercard until 31 October, by which time you will have received the new Visa card.

All other account benefits remain the same.

I do have to ask why they didn't change the card in March...
      Oh gosh - I wasn't aware of this - got to do my corp tax return early then and pay the corp tax (£20k plus) before the end of Oct to max the Avios then...

Comment

Originally posted by gizzmo View Post
        Oh gosh - I wasn't aware of this - got to do my corp tax return early then and pay the corp tax (£20k plus) before the end of Oct to max the Avios then...
        Well call and check first as there's posts above which imply the change has been delayed

Comment

Well call and check first as there's posts above which imply the change has been delayed
          Im confused. I thought Mastercard and visa via cash on tap were both credit cards so subject to the hmrc fee. Is this not the case?
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
            Im confused. I thought Mastercard and visa via cash on tap were both credit cards so subject to the hmrc fee. Is this not the case?
            Sigh

The Cap on Tap MasterCard acts like a credit card in that you don't have to pay it off every month and will incur interest if you carry a balance. To HMRC it looks like a debit card so attracts no fees. This is because, technically, it's a prepaid card but you're not the one doing the prepaying.

The replacement Visa product which may/may not kick in from 31 October looks like it is going to be a standard Visa credit card and so will now attract a fee when you pay HMRC. Other than the logo on the card (and that fee) you won't really notice any difference in the running of your account.

Comment

Received my CoT card today. I can confirm it is a master card with prepaid commercial wrote on it.
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Received my CoT card today. I can confirm it is a master card with prepaid commercial wrote on it.
                That's good. I had heard rollout of the Visa had been delayed, the longer the better!

Comment

That's good. I had heard rollout of the Visa had been delayed, the longer the better!
                  With a bunch of inside contractors it could be awhile.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

When did you apply?
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      When did you apply?
                      Two weeks ago.
                      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                      X