• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Credit Cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I haven't seen that yet. I am keeping my MasterCard until I have to give it up! January sounds great to me as it might then become February, March...
    Me too - in fact they will have to deactivate it before I resign myself to not being able to use it anymore...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by gizzmo View Post
      Just logged into my COT acct and the message saying you can apply for your visa from now also says the Mastercards will be retired in January. Does that mean they have extended it again i wonder?

" It's time to switch over to your brand new VISA card!
      Your powerful new Visa Business Credit Card is just a few short steps away from being sent straight to you. Your old MasterCard will be retired in January, so hurry and switch now!"
      I noticed that on mine today too while checking my balance before paying my VAT.

Comment

Incidentally I have had 2 more emails in the last few days from CaponTap.
        1) asking for a telephone interview to discuss what rewards I would value
        2) advising me that my annual fee will reduce from £199 to £99 at renewal which is due in April. And be rebranded from On Tap Club to Business Rewards.
        That is a bonus I wasn’t expecting.

Anyone else got these?

Comment

Incidentally I have had 2 more emails in the last few days from CaponTap.
          1) asking for a telephone interview to discuss what rewards I would value
          2) advising me that my annual fee will reduce from £199 to £99 at renewal which is due in April. And be rebranded from On Tap Club to Business Rewards.
          That is a bonus I wasn’t expecting.

Anyone else got these?
          Had the second one, not the first.

If you do take up the first one, tell them you like a debit card

Comment

Got a txt today saying the MasterCard will stop working on 31 Jan 2020 and reminding me to apply for my Visa card before it’s too late. That gives us a bit of time then.

Comment

Got a txt today saying the MasterCard will stop working on 31 Jan 2020 and reminding me to apply for my Visa card before it’s too late. That gives us a bit of time then.
              For some reason HMRC are rejecting my CoT card when I try to settle my PAYE bill. CoT customer services aren't seeing any issue...

I have requested my new Visa today but won't use it until I've paid as much as I can using the mastercard...

Comment

For some reason HMRC are rejecting my CoT card when I try to settle my PAYE bill. CoT customer services aren't seeing any issue...

I have requested my new Visa today but won't use it until I've paid as much as I can using the mastercard...
                The DVLA software has some quirks. If I pay by company debit card, then it's not considered a corporate card. However, if I pay by my company credit card, then it is considered a corporate card and a fee is added to the payment.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                  The DVLA software has some quirks. If I pay by company debit card, then it's not considered a corporate card. However, if I pay by my company credit card, then it is considered a corporate card and a fee is added to the payment.
                  I forgot to add that I paid £4k VAT bill a week ago on the same card with no issues

Comment

Hi Ladymuk - i got a text from COT today saying tomorrow is the last day to apply for my replacement Visa card. So i went on HMRC's website and made a £9k corp tax payment (advance payment towards my bill which is not due till March) using my COT mastercard - i chose Debit card as the payment type as i always do - it went through no problems.

Waiting for it to hit the COT account - will pay it immediately and then put through another payment tomorrow if it still works - fingers crossed.

On another note - i slightly overpaid my SA tax using my COT card - submitted tax return last week - and HMRC have already refunded the excess back to my COT card. COT have therefore deducted the extra AVIOS - which is fair i suppose - but i had hoped that they wouldn't be so quick to refund, and then once the card was deactivated they would have to refund to my bank account instead and so i wouldn't lose the Avios......so that was a lesson learned.

Comment

Mine still worked yesterday. So another 10K+ accrued.

Missed the changeover/sign up deadline ie ignored it. Suspect that come the 31st that the old card will cease to benefit me.

Comment

Working...
                      X