• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Credit Cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FMCG View Post
    Mine still worked yesterday. So another 10K+ accrued.

Missed the changeover/sign up deadline ie ignored it. Suspect that come the 31st that the old card will cease to benefit me.
    I also didnt bother applying yet - however a new Visa card arrived in the post on Friday. I have not bothered to activate it yet - i will attempt to make one more payment in the next 2 days and hope it works.

Comment

Just got a “you’ve been pre-approved” for a business CoT card.

Are they any worth anymore or do I just bin?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Just got a “you’ve been pre-approved” for a business CoT card.

Are they any worth anymore or do I just bin?
        If you collect Avios they have a good opening offer. Check out Head For Points for the details. Cash in the Avios and close the account after if you wish.

I am still using mine as it's still a good back up for luddite companies that don't take Amex.

I think until about now (or next week) you could use Curve to pay HMRC onto your CoT card after which they too will charge you.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I think until about now (or next week) you could use Curve to pay HMRC onto your CoT card after which they too will charge you.
          Good old Curve, still messing up. Last week I got a double charge when using it to pay HMRC. Still waiting for it to be refunded

I think I'm done with using Curve now. I did the sums and their fee to make HMRC payments doesn't offset the credit card rewards enough to make it worth the hassle. Well, until they start supporting AMEX again

Comment

Current Idea;

Signed up to a business Paypal account, with that you can get issued a MasterCard debit card, link my corporate AMEX and pay HMRC with the Paypal card.

Will let you know if it works

Business Debit Card - Mastercard for Business | PayPal UK

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Current Idea;

Signed up to a business Paypal account, with that you can get issued a MasterCard debit card, link my corporate AMEX and pay HMRC with the Paypal card.

Will let you know if it works

Business Debit Card - Mastercard for Business | PayPal UK
              Be interesting to see if it works out. It works okay for personal accounts (i.e. secondary funding from a credit card), but the business PayPal t&cs do not mention funding from a CC:

FAQs:
              The card will first use your available PayPal balance and pull additional funds, rounded to the nearest multiple of £5, from your designated secondary funding source, current account or bank debit card, to complete the transaction.
              T&Cs:
              If you enable automatic top up, to the extent that there is no or insufficient balance available in your PayPal account to cover a Card transaction (and any transaction fees payable to us), we may automatically use your bank account or debit card as the funding source to obtain sufficient balance in accordance with the terms of the PayPal User Agreement. The amount drawn from your bank account or via your debit card and added to the balance of your PayPal account will be in GBP and will be rounded up to the nearest multiple of GBP 5.

An example: If you do not have any PayPal balance, but would like to pay GBP 26.50 to a merchant, an amount of GBP 30 will be drawn from your bank account and credited in your PayPal account. GBP 26.50 will be used for the Card payment. You can spend the remaining PayPal balance of GBP 3.50 on other purchases.

We will prioritise the pre-existing balance in your PayPal account for a payment with PayPal and only draw an amount from your bank account or via your debit card where the balance is insufficient.

If you:
              • do not enable automatic top up;
              • disable automatic top up; or
              • remove your linked bank account or debit card from your PayPal account,

you will not be able to use automatic top up to obtain sufficient balance in your PayPal account to fund your Card transaction in the event that the pre-existing balance in your PayPal account is insufficient. Any Card transaction that exceeds the balance in your PayPal account will be declined.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
                Be interesting to see if it works out. It works okay for personal accounts (i.e. secondary funding from a credit card), but the business PayPal t&cs do not mention funding from a CC:

FAQs:

T&Cs:
                I've linked my Amex card to my business paypal with no problems, I've then removed my bank account leaving only the credit card.

Will have to wait for the debit card to be sent before I can try it out

Comment

I've linked my Amex card to my business paypal with no problems, I've then removed my bank account leaving only the credit card.

Will have to wait for the debit card to be sent before I can try it out

Fingers crossed

Comment

I see Curve are caught up in the Wirecard scandal....where 1.6 billion Euros was found to be missing from their accounts leading to the collapse of the company and the arrest of the CEO.

EY taking some heat as the auditor for the last ten years. EY saying that they "uncovered the scandal".....if by "uncovered" they mean - "we read the FT" - who have been reporting on this train wreck for months - then they might have a point.

The FT has a quote from curve saying that their payments system should be available again from this morning with money safely held by 3rd party. I no longer have a Curve card to confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by sludgesurfer View Post
                      I see Curve are caught up in the Wirecard scandal....where 1.6 billion Euros was found to be missing from their accounts leading to the collapse of the company and the arrest of the CEO.

EY taking some heat as the auditor for the last ten years. EY saying that they "uncovered the scandal".....if by "uncovered" they mean - "we read the FT" - who have been reporting on this train wreck for months - then they might have a point.

The FT has a quote from curve saying that their payments system should be available again from this morning with money safely held by 3rd party. I no longer have a Curve card to confirm.
                      Lots of fintech companies used Wirecard for payments processing.

Curve were already in the process of moving off Wirecard and their plan was to be free of them by the end of June.

Comment

Working...
                      X