• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much do you pay for your accountant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could always prep yourself - and use a company that will switch at no extra charge between Ltd & Brolly dependent on the IR35 status - no names mentioned of course

Comment

£90 a month including VAT and Free Agent.

Comment

£36 a month including VAT with FreeAgent subscription. This does not include end of year, VAT filing or payroll. I pay £150 for eoy accounts each year.

Comment

£900 a year inclusive of VAT.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Nothing after IR35 comes into the private sector next year
            I did wonder if the agency would pay me as an individual directly, given that the reason main reason for not doing so in the past, liability for payroll taxes, would not be an issue.

What's happened with all the people deemed caught in the public sector, are any of them paid direct?

I'm assuming I will still need a company and will have pay my accountant out of income I've already paid tax and NI on. (Umbrella pointless as they deduct more than I pay my accountant for a company.)

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
              I did wonder if the agency would pay me as an individual directly, given that the reason main reason for not doing so in the past, liability for payroll taxes, would not be an issue.

What's happened with all the people deemed caught in the public sector, are any of them paid direct?

I'm assuming I will still need a company and will have pay my accountant out of income I've already paid tax and NI on. (Umbrella pointless as they deduct more than I pay my accountant for a company.)
              They will but they will be charging you an arm and a leg to do payroll. Tons and tons of threads about it it in the Erm... Public Sector IR35 thread why not go read up on it.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rafd View Post
                £36 a month including VAT with FreeAgent subscription. This does not include end of year, VAT filing or payroll. I pay £150 for eoy accounts each year.
                Jesus who does your accounts for that!

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
                  Jesus who does your accounts for that!
                  D4rr3n Upt0n?
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I realise these are all quite old now but there does seem to be a large spread. Are all these for a limited company, with a single director/employee?
                    I was paying around £150/month for one of larger ones, but I have recently left and was going for a local guy, but not sure now.

Comment

£85+VAT fwiw

Comment

Working...
                      X