• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing accountants mid contract.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing accountants mid contract.

Hi I am thinking of changing my accountant as he is not doing much or anything at all. Also currently he is abroad and I am unable to get hold of him since last 4 weeks.

what do I have to do for handover to a new accountant? Do I need to make HMRC aware?

Also any recommendations for a good accountant who deals with IT ltd companies

Originally posted by abu1 View Post
    Hi I am thinking of changing my accountant as he is not doing much or anything at all. Also currently he is abroad and I am unable to get hold of him since last 4 weeks.

what do I have to do for handover to a new accountant? Do I need to make HMRC aware?

Also any recommendations for a good accountant who deals with IT ltd companies
    It's really easy to change accountants. The new accountant will be able to walk you through the process and approach the previous accountant for all of the handover information.

On FreeAgent, all your current years transactions will be entered that you have to date and you can then carry on as normal.

The new accountant will apply for Agent Authority with HMRC on your behalf. So, you won't need to do anything either.

All you will need to do is start shopping around and the rest will be easy after that!
    We're all ears!

Comment

Check the accountant recommendation sticky thread for the ones people have used on here.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa@AardvarkAccounting View Post
        It's really easy to change accountants. The new accountant will be able to walk you through the process and approach the previous accountant for all of the handover information.

On FreeAgent, all your current years transactions will be entered that you have to date and you can then carry on as normal.

The new accountant will apply for Agent Authority with HMRC on your behalf. So, you won't need to do anything either.

All you will need to do is start shopping around and the rest will be easy after that!
        What is free agent

Comment

What is free agent
          It's an online accounting software package, that you can use alongside an accountant.

You can then enter all of your invoices and issue these to your client/agency, track your expenses and mileage claims, plus set up bank feeds to analyse your transactions.

Plus, you can do this all on the move with an app as well. So, it means you can keep an eye on your company all the time. The accountant can then review all of this, confirm the tax provisions and spend more time helping to make sure you are being tax efficient.
          We're all ears!

Comment

What is free agent
            Doesn't google work where you are? You've asked a couple of question that you could have found out quicker by just typing the name in google. You could have also then gone on to learn something about the service and be educated rather than just asking simple questions and getting a simple answer that's not much use.

www.freeagent.com
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa@AardvarkAccounting View Post
              It's an online accounting software package, that you can use alongside an accountant.

You can then enter all of your invoices and issue these to your client/agency, track your expenses and mileage claims, plus set up bank feeds to analyse your transactions.

Plus, you can do this all on the move with an app as well. So, it means you can keep an eye on your company all the time. The accountant can then review all of this, confirm the tax provisions and spend more time helping to make sure you are being tax efficient.
              mr

Comment

Do you want to change accountant mid contract with your accountant or mid contract with your client? I ask as you demonstrate a very poor understanding, repeatedly, of what contracting is.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Hi I am thinking of changing my accountant as he is not doing much or anything at all. :
                  What do you think he should be doing that he is not?

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
                    What do you think he should be doing that he is not?
                    replying to my emails and messages
                    payslips
                    expenses

Basically he is a book keeper rather than an accountant most of his clients are self employed. He was not aware of ir35, dividends and how to claim expenses

Comment

Working...
                    X