• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nixon Williams new Portal service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#plugalert
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 September 2018, 17:37.

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
      #plugalert
      Shameless. And I didn't actually mean it. Link updated

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
        Shameless. And I didn't actually mean it. Link updated
        Yeah but the daft spanner has quoted your original link so Operation Shamlessplug for best freeagent accountant in Edinburgh is still mission accomplished.
        Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 September 2018, 17:38.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Yeah but the daft spanner has quoted your original link so Operation Shamlessplug for best freeagent accountant in Edinburgh is still mission accomplished.
          Maybe so. But here's another link.

One would expect the "best freeagent accountant in Edinburgh" to file his own accounts on time and not be under an "Active proposal to strike off." If I changed to your firm, Alan, would you be over five months late on filing my accounts like you are on your own, and three months late on my confirmation statement?

"Freeagent" is all well and good, but the main thing I want an accountant to do is make sure everything gets filed on time, and when I go checking one out, as I was doing recently, this kind of thing is instant red flag for me. Especially when I notice this isn't the first time it's happened with Broome Affinity....

I can perhaps understand missing something by a week, somebody gets ill, or whatever. But six months? Doesn't Freeagent do pretty much everything for you? How hard is the confirmation statement to do in a timely manner?
          Last edited by Contractor UK; 13 September 2018, 14:48.

Comment

On their terms and conditions they quote a different company number to that one.
            http://www.broomeaffinity.com/terms-and-conditions/

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
              Maybe so. But here's another link.

One would expect the "best freeagent accountant in Edinburgh" to file his own accounts on time and not be under an "Active proposal to strike off." If I changed to your firm, Alan, would you be over five months late on filing my accounts like you are on your own, and three months late on my confirmation statement?

"Freeagent" is all well and good, but the main thing I want an accountant to do is make sure everything gets filed on time, and when I go checking one out, as I was doing recently, this kind of thing is instant red flag for me. Especially when I notice this isn't the first time it's happened with Broome Affinity....

I can perhaps understand missing something by a week, somebody gets ill, or whatever. But six months? Doesn't Freeagent do pretty much everything for you? How hard is the confirmation statement to do in a timely manner?
              Bravo!

Comment

Can't fault Gorilla (which uses FreeAgent).

DM me if you want to join.

/shameless plug

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

CUK Reader Awards. You know it's the right thing to do...

/shamelessplug

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    On their terms and conditions they quote a different company number to that one.
                    Terms and Conditions | Broome Affinity
                    a company created 8 months ago

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                      a company created 8 months ago
                      Sounds like problems in previous company so trade transferred to a newco to continue trading....

Comment

Working...
                      X