• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self-employed and caught stealing at work - do I have the right to be paid?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WLB2018 View Post
    ... even when you are up the creek without a paddle there are other options other than stealing!
    Wonga?

Comment

Originally posted by TimothyMorgan View Post
      I fell into a desperate situation and found myself stealing from a client (tesco) to try and raise some funds to put into my bank monday. I was caught and the issue has been raised with the police and I believe I am being prosecuted. I am deeply ashamed of doing so and I have lost my job (obviously).
      OP - if you are in financial difficulties, then talk to Citizens advice.
      If you have addictions or other problems that mean you need money NOW, then get help for those.

When you get to the point of stealing being your only option, it's time to look at the bigger picture. Stealing is never your only option if you want to sort whatever problem it is out.

Good luck - and I mean that.

Comment

Originally posted by WLB2018 View Post
        I hope you have insurance in place in the event of any legal action being taken against you
        No insurance company will cover you for a blantant criminal act.

Oh and OP posting things on the internet using your real name while under a criminal investigation is bloody stupid, but then you were stupid in the first place to attempt to steal from a client.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          No insurance company will cover you for a blantant criminal act.

Oh and OP posting things on the internet using your real name while under a criminal investigation is bloody stupid, but then you were stupid in the first place to attempt to steal from a client.
          It seems likely it isn't his real name.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
          X