• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment From Ltd Co

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share Investment From Ltd Co

I know this topic pops up every now and again, with the oft quoted advice to just draw dividends and do it manually blah blah.

Of course, I know better than everyone else ever () and would like to clarify the position around this.

My warchest is big enough now that I'd be comfortable investing a proportion of it - I'm concerned that, even in 'high' interest savings accounts I'm probably losing money in real terms. I don't want to withdraw it as I'll pay skyhigh tax and the whole point is that it sits in MyCo until I personally need it to top up my contract income.

Plan would be fairly safe tracker funds for most of it (It being what I'm willing to invest) and maybe some play investments around it.

So does anyone do investments via their Ltd Co? Is there *really* a chance I get classed as a CIC?

What's the deal with tax - is it as easy as losses are tax deductible and gains at 20%? Has anyone sat down and ran any generic numbers vs DIY via Dividends?

Scooter says there is a correction coming so I'm selling everything and keeping cash under the bed.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Scooter says there is a correction coming so I'm selling everything and keeping cash under the bed.
      In bullion, of course?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        In bullion, of course?
        Hell no. Not after dim prawns gold investing advice.

Comment

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not..

Comment

Originally posted by Syd View Post
            I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not..
            It's true. See....

https://forums.contractoruk.com/showthread.php?t=126569

Comment

Amateur - my Plan B is a bag of uncut blood diamonds under the floorboards. That and Bitcoin.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                Amateur - my Plan B is a bag of uncut blood diamonds under the floorboards.
                Oddly enough that's probably the best investment advice that's been posted on here in a long time.

Comment

Oddly enough that's probably the best investment advice that's been posted on here in a long time.
                  B is for Brexit!

Comment

You should be selling the bed too and renting one from Brighthouse till we hear from Scooter it's safe to start buying again.

Comment

Working...
                    X